The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 2, 2006, 01:05 PM   #1
spacemanspiff

Benchmade Knives...Who would want them at a good price?

http://www.benchmade.com/

suppose you had a line on a place that could get them to you, at say, 25% below retail. would you be interested?

btw, it'd be for any knife except the autos.
Old March 3, 2006, 07:46 AM   #2
Jart

The stuff is pretty good but Benchmade once had marketing issues of the type that I've sworn off the brand in perpetuity.

If you're going to take on a line that discourages internet discounting and fly under the radar, may I suggest a line made by someone whose name sounds like

[codetalk] the late actor that portrayed Superman in several movies and makes a folder named for "work" in some African language[/codetalk]

I'd be in for a couple of those.

Besides, why would I buy Benchmade when the real Elishewitz is just down the road from me?
Old March 3, 2006, 09:15 AM   #3
tyme
Staff

25% off? You mean something like http://newgraham.com ?

Quote:
Besides, why would I buy Benchmade when the real Elishewitz is just down the road from me?
AXIS locks.
“Who are you?” “A friend. I'm here to prevent you from making a mistake.” “You have no idea what I'm doing here, friend.” “In specific terms, no, but I swore an oath to protect the world...” (continuum)
“It's a goal you won't understand until later. Your job is to make sure he doesn't achieve the goal.” (bsg)
Old March 3, 2006, 02:36 PM   #4
Jart

Quote:
AXIS locks.
Good point.
Old March 3, 2006, 03:06 PM   #5
spacemanspiff

okay, no big deal. 30% below retail. and while were at it, a guarantee the shipping charges won't be jacked up like a lot of other places do.

oh and also working on offering Reeves knives as well.
Old March 3, 2006, 03:19 PM   #6
P99fan

Give me an "estimate" for . . .

The Benchmade RANT, plain SS drop point, incl shipping.

I'll let you know if I'm interested.