The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old May 7, 2015, 03:26 PM   #1
Bucksnort1

Kinetic Munitions

I did a quick search for information about Kinetic Munitions. I found a thread but not with the information I'm seeking.

A friend told me of this company and some special ammunition they make. The entire case is polymer. For reloading, there is no re-sizing and there are no reloading tools required except for removing the spent primer and a hand tool for seating a new primer. You pour a specific amount of selected powder to a fill line in the case then seat the bullet by hand.

Comments?

I love big oil.
Old May 7, 2015, 04:12 PM   #2
Skans

Actually, only part of the case is polymer. Still, I checked it out and it I like the concept. I sure hope the "$15" quoted amount, however, isn't for one cartridge! If so, then I'm not getting the advantage or the concept???
Old May 7, 2015, 04:43 PM   #3
skizzums

cool, I may have to try that out since my dad lives in "john's creek"(Duluth).

13.50 for a box of loaded 9mm, not bad. only issue I have is the bullets look proprietary, but if their prices are good, we'll see....

watching the videos, looks like these guys have some real money to play with. I hope none is totally invested in this concept, interesting as it may be...

took awhile to find it, 4.75c for 50 bullets. not bad

Last edited by skizzums; May 7, 2015 at 04:53 PM.
Old May 7, 2015, 05:58 PM   #4
lamarw

Oh my goodness, it is so easy to reload 9mm for less than one half the mentioned price of $13.50.

My reloading equipment has paid for itself years ago. I can sell it used anytime for more than I paid for it. Good investment all the way around.
Old May 7, 2015, 06:02 PM   #5
Ruger480

this is the link in case anybody else would like to see it.
Old May 7, 2015, 06:23 PM   #6
smee78

mmmmmmmm I think I will just stick with my old fashion ammo for now. I dont like being a beta tester.
Old May 7, 2015, 11:09 PM   #7
Bucksnort1

Smee78,

I agree with you about sticking with the current trend. I say current, heck, it has been around for along long time.

Wow! Your comment about the cow is priceless and dead nuts true. Thanks.
Old May 8, 2015, 09:18 PM   #8
longspurr

I don't know if this is the same company – or a new one that bought out an earlier company, but this same ammo was introduces 10+ years ago. It never caught on and here we are in 2015 thinking this is a new item.

I know I am going to try ordering some ammo just to have it as a collectors item. If it stays around then great, if not then I have a novelty to show folks.

My take on it. For those that already have a reloader set up, we are not interested. For those that would like to try it – an easy and cheap introduction.

For those that would like to introduce a new shooter with a reduced load – easy to do that.
Old May 9, 2015, 10:24 AM   #9
Double Naught Spy

It bugs the crap out of me when companies like Kinetic make obviously biased videos to show how their ammo is better by making non-like comparisons. Here they found the slowest, heavy, soft lead .38 spl round and fired it in such a manner to allow the steel plate and wood to basically "catch" the round. Then they fired the much lighter, faster, solid copper round at a part of the barrier that would not flex. It penetrated, which is no surprise.
Old May 10, 2015, 07:23 AM   #10
Kinetic Munitions

Questions?

Thanks to everyone for your interest in our products and your posts. We truly believe Kinetic Ammo will be evolutionary for the industry and offer customers with a superior cost/benefit option. Here are a couple of quick responses to the questions and comment - there is much more information on our website on Facebook pages.

Our estimated prices are for boxes not each. Final prices will be published when we complete our crowdfunding.

"Reloading a box for less than half of our estimated price." Our cases can be reloaded multiple times and when reloaded will be significantly more economical lowering your total spend. Or bullets are solid copper and we believe will outperform anything even close to the price range The vast majority of shooters cannot reload 6-700 an hour. If your current reloading process works for you that is great but many do not want to spend the time and effort when there is a more economical and easier process.

"Sticking with the current trend" - We understand no everyone will be an early adopter of our system but hope you will give us a try sometime in the future. My 21 inch standard definition television served me well for many years but I prefer a much larger high definition screen today.

Our comparison video - Please see our follow up video posted on Thursday. We address your exact comment and many others that we have received. We are a company that is being built for the customer and will answer all relevant questions the best we can. As a new company we have to finds ways to introduce our products and videos are the most effective channel.

Thanks
Kinetic Management Team
Old May 10, 2015, 08:00 AM   #11
MarkCO

crowdfunding...that should tell you something.
Old May 11, 2015, 07:44 AM   #12
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
Our comparison video - Please see our follow up video posted on Thursday. We address your exact comment and many others that we have received. We are a company that is being built for the customer and will answer all relevant questions the best we can. As a new company we have to finds ways to introduce our products and videos are the most effective channel.
If you aren't going to bother to post a link to you own video..., LOL.
Old May 11, 2015, 07:47 AM   #13
Skans

I appreciated reading Kinetic Munitions' response - thanks for addressing some of our questions here! Another successful ammunition company (albeit an alternative form of ammunition) is a good thing.
Old May 13, 2015, 11:11 PM   #14
NukemJim

To "Kinetic Management Team"

Thank you for your quick response. That's a nice thing to see nowdays.

A question please, how many times (approximately ) can your product be reloaded?

I presume the 9 has a shorter life than the .38, is that correct?

Are there any outside sources of your bullets or molds to cast bullets (Pb or Cu)?

I can definitely see a use for this while introducing newbies to shooting. .22 only goes so far and with recent supply difficulties in getting .38 wadcutters or .22 having another option would be nice. ( I like taking newbies to the range. :-) )

Again thank you for your quick response

"Guns shoot bullets.
People shoot people."