The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old January 14, 2005, 12:35 PM   #1
dswindle

Slide stop/ejector for PPK/S

Folks,
Can anyone tell me if this is normal? When I field strip my Walther PPK/S (S&W version) the slide stop/ejector pops out without my having to pry it out after I remove the slide from the frame. My old PPK/S (Interarms version) did not do that. It had to be pried out. Also, after I install the slide stop/ejector in the firearm it appears that the only thing really holding it in place is the slide. Does this sound right?
Old January 14, 2005, 12:51 PM   #2
Dfariswheel

It's very possible S&W has changed the ejector/stop slightly.

In older PP series guns, some ejectors would come out of place easily, and others were a bear to remove when you wanted to.

In all cases, the slide serves to hold the part in place, and as long as the ejector works properly there's no issue, UNLESS it pops out so easily there's a chance of losing the spring or the ejector itself.

If you think it's TOO loose, contact S&W.
Old January 15, 2005, 08:23 AM   #3
dswindle

DfarisWheel,
Thanks for your response. I don't think it is so loose that I need to send it back, but your explanation does answer the mail. I'll be shooting it for the first time on Monday. I'll let you know how it turns out. Right now, my only concern is a "gouge" of a tool mark in the chamber of the barrel. I hope that it does not cause the round to stop prior to entering the chamber. I don't want to do anything to the gun until I have tested it first, but if it fails to feed, that might be the problem. Other than that, the gun appears to be well made and very solid. Again, thank you for your response. Dave