The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old June 8, 2012, 04:22 PM   #1
OldSoul

Remington Model 10

I am thinking about traded an old savage 22 to a Remington model 10? What can you guys tell me about the shotgun as far as reliability, accuracy, ease of cleaning? Also the shotgun has a compensator and choke on it and I cannot find much about the compensator. Is it something that came from the factory or was it added later?
Old June 8, 2012, 05:58 PM   #2
OldSoul

Well i traded for the shotgun. Im trying to find out the dm. The serial number is 205xxx.
Old June 8, 2012, 07:16 PM   #3
zippy13

Quote:
Is it something that came from the factory or was it added later?
Here's a really rough rule of thumb: If the compensator has a brand name on it (Cutts or?) it could been installed after market. If it doesn't have any markings, then there's a chance it was a factory job.

The RemingtonSociety.com used to have a copy of the old factory ledger with production dates, but it doesn't seem to be available at this time.