The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting > Bullet Casting

Old April 25, 2013, 11:01 PM   #1
GP100man

My Wife or ME needs HELP !!

Ya know how we all tell our wives/self `bout all that money we`re gonna save makin our own bullets ???

Well I told my financial half `bout another mould & she `bout freaked out !!

What`s the PROBLEM !!!????

They`ll never understand - - - - - - -
Old April 25, 2013, 11:21 PM   #2
TXAZ

Must have been a caliber she doesn't shoot?
Old April 26, 2013, 04:24 AM   #3
Beagle333

Wait.... I see your problem....
Quote:
Well I told my financial half `bout another mould
There it is.
I keep my molds in a big Tupperware container in the safe. I only cast with two per pour, at the most, so that's all I ever have out in sight. So if you were to ask my wife, she'd surely say "Well, I know he only casts for his .44 and his three-fifty-something, so I'd guess he has two molds... right?"
Old April 26, 2013, 06:04 AM   #4
GP100man

^^^ Too late , I left my filing cabinet unlocked & she found em !!!

Said she was "lookin" for some kind of "document" !!

& she`s stikin to her story !!

CASTING SAFE HHhhmmm !
Old April 27, 2013, 07:34 AM   #5
Mike / Tx

Luckily for me, my wife and I have been together for 30'ish years and been married for 25+ so she knew what she was getting into well in advance. That said, I only recently began to cast, and so I sat down with her and explained, "see here honey, these are what I shoot in several of my revolvers", as I pointed out what the Cast Performance bullets went for per 100. Then I said, " I can spend the same amount for 5 hundred bullets on this mold and these lead deals here, and I can pour up close to 1K or more for the same amount or less once I recoop the price of the mold".

She knows I am somewhat thrifty even if I DO like to shoot the better stuff. She also knows I use just about all of it to put meat in the freezer at one time or another. Luckily for me she also knows, it's only a few blocks over to the beer joint, where I could easily go play pool and down cold ones every evening as well. I'm not telling her that I really just ain't up to the beer joint thing anymore, but she has raised an eye brow up on the last time or two I asked to get a transfer into my paypal account to pick up a new mold.

Hang in there GP hopefully she will let up on ya some. Yea you might also want to invest in a locking cabinet as well.
Old April 27, 2013, 07:17 PM   #6
m&p45acp10+1

Sonds like your wife needs help learning to accept the fact that you like buying bullets molds to cast up new bullets.

I have to stick with the Lee molds due to the fact that I can afford them. If I spend $30 or so dollars my wife will not give me any flack over it. Besides her new car put us $21K in debt. Privided that bills have been paid, the necessities have been taken care of my wife does not care what I buy for myself. We both have a fun budget. She likes sewing machines and crafting. I like guns, reloading stuff, and casting bullets.
Old April 28, 2013, 01:50 AM   #7
GP100man

5/10/15

Will make us 30 yrs. , She understands , as she hunted/shot with me for 14yrs until the yungens came !

Then she turned into the NO dragon Lady !!

NO with fire on top !!

Not really that bad , but I need somebody to keep me in check !!!
Old April 29, 2013, 12:23 PM   #8
Sure Shot Mc Gee

What I thought at the time and posted. In hind sight it really wasn't humorous. So I'm removing what I commented on. To those who may have been disappointed by my thread. I apologize.

S/S

Last edited by Sure Shot Mc Gee; April 30, 2013 at 03:08 AM.
Old May 1, 2013, 08:11 PM   #9
GP100man

I`m thick skinned SSMcGee.

I can take it !!