The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old May 19, 2014, 01:33 PM   #1
wogpotter

It's alive, ALIVE I tell you! (lit dillon Mk2)

I upgraded my old RL450 with the "Disco Lighting" to an RL550 recently & immediately discovered I was addicted to the strip lights.

Lighting the 450 was relatively simple once I discovered the flex light LED strips at Wally-World, but the removable top plate of the 550 had me baffled for a bit. Then I discovered the answer. Old, broken mini Venetian blind slats! All you do is trim to length & shape with good scissors, bend to shape, attach more LED strip-lights & attach with 3 "Velcro" tabs on the back bottom, middle of the curve & the top/front. When changing or removing the head just pop the "Velcro" till you're done.

Voila! the Bada Bing Room press upgraded, still no pole dancers though, just some .303 Brit.

Elderly Hunter: “That's dashed unsporting. Probably Belgium.”
Old May 20, 2014, 07:01 AM   #2
Magnum Wheel Man

cool... I just use a good overhead florescent light, but I'm guessing the lil LEDs improve your visibility "in there" alot... good idea on the mini blind slats ( just don't "spark" your powder charge with those wires )

BTW... one of those dashboard hula gals might shake pretty good, while you're cranking out ammo...
Old May 20, 2014, 11:42 AM   #3
wogpotter

They make a big difference when loading things like .357. With the existing lighting the inside of a case is still a black hole & hard to check for double charges & so on.

Hmmmm.....Hula girls.........

In all seriousness I only run 12 volts & then fuse them (in the box behind) at low milliamps. I don't think a spark is at all likely or even possible.

Elderly Hunter: “That's dashed unsporting. Probably Belgium.”