The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old June 7, 2008, 07:09 PM   #1
korny351

F&M Reloading - Hamilton, OH

Getting back into reloading after a long pause. Needing to buy 9mm dies. Both Midway and Graf & Sons have the Lee 4-die sets on backorder. Wanted to order dies and several other items but only 1 item in stock out of 4. Goggled for another source and came up with F&M Reloading - Hamilton, OH. Prices are good and shipping reasonable. Has anyone ordered from them in the past? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Old June 7, 2008, 07:24 PM   #2
zxcvbob

I've ordered from them once a couple of years ago. No problems that I can remember. A little slow maybe? I honestly don't recall.

I need to order a couple of more Lee bullet molds; from what I do remember they have the best prices (I just forget about them when it comes time to order and end up at Midway or Midsouth.)
Old June 7, 2008, 07:33 PM   #3
copdills

I ask a few people on Glockpost.com about F&M in Ohio and a few had order from them and said they were on the up & up with pretty fast delivery and a few said they hadn't mail ordered from them but had seen them at the gun show in Ohio and they had a lot of lee reloading and casting supplies, I just emailed them myself to see if they carried the Lyman Master Casting Kit

Good Luck copdills
Old June 7, 2008, 08:18 PM   #4
TexasSeaRay

I had miserable luck with them.

Placed an order--and paid--back in early February. Went FOUR WEEKS without hearing a damn thing. No e-mail confirmation, no phone call, no nothing. Tried calling them and the line was always busy.

Finally, after SIX WEEKS I managed to get a semi-live voice on the line. Asked where my order was.

Guy said it hadn't shipped. It hadn't shipped because he didn't have ONE STINKING THING THAT I HAD ORDERED IN STOCK.

In all honesty, these WERE hard to find items--a Lee melting furnace, a Lyman ingot mould, some Lee reloading dies, some Lee Liquid Alox, and a Lee mould (before the run on casting equipment began in earnest).

That was sarcasm, by the way.

I had the guy immediately credit my charge card back, picked up the phone and called Midsouth and had my entire order three days later.

The bozo at F&M didn't apologize, offer any reason for being out of stock, or give any reason why they didn't bother to notify me at anytime during those SIX WEEKS that they didn't have the merchandise.

Lot of the shooters at my range have had the exact same experience with F&M in months past. Apparently they are hit or miss.

Easy to have great prices when you don't have any of the stuff in stock. . .

Jeff

So to those of you who are members of neither, thanks for nothing.
Old June 7, 2008, 11:44 PM   #5
Sport45

I bought a lot of my Lee stuff from Factory Sales. They used to have a fixed shipping charge of $4.95. Quick service too as I recall.

You might also want to check at Wideners.
Old June 8, 2008, 01:02 AM   #6
korny351

Thanks for all the input. Feedback seems to be all over the map. Not quite positive enough for me to try a new vendor. I was somewhat concerned when I looked over their site and noted they didn't seem to have any way to know if an item was in stock or not. Will try some other source for now.
Old June 8, 2008, 05:24 AM   #7
Sport45

Have you tried calling any of them? The websites aren't always up to date.
Old June 8, 2008, 05:33 AM   #8
bcline

F&M Reloading

I just had a bad experiance with these guys to. I ordered a few items on Mar. 20. After 3 weeks I emailed, they emailed back saying would ship the next week. This went on for two months. I finally emailed them and said cancel the order because this was beyond ridiculous. The next week I received the order. I had looked on line to find my stuff elsewhere but fortunately I had not ordered it. I would'nt order from them again.
Old June 11, 2008, 07:47 PM   #9
bfox

I had the same experiance as TexasSeaRay .
I ordered a mold some dies and threw in some targets .
A month or so nothing . I call and finally get to talk to someone .

They say the targets were on backorder so they did not
ship anything . No calls , no e-mails nothing . Just added the targets for the Heck of it . I really wanted the Mold and dies .

Tried them again for a mold .
Took forever to get here .
Good prices , Good Shipping but if you want it soon
it Aint happening .

Bill
Old June 11, 2008, 07:54 PM   #10
bfox

http://www.kempfgunshop.com/

Never ordered here but have heard good reports
about them .

Bill
Old June 11, 2008, 11:18 PM   #11
totalloser

One not mentioned here so far is Natchez. I have had good luck with them. Experiences similar to Midway. www.natchezss.com I have placed many orders with them. No complaints yet.

I just checked, and they are out of the 3 die set, but they have your 4 die carbide set in stock for $31.49 the pn is LEE90963. Don't judge 'em by their site It kinda sucks!
Old June 12, 2008, 07:11 PM   #12
The_Vigilante

F & M Reloading

I too would recommend Natchez if Midway is out of stock. Natchez is just as competitive or better and also has USPS shipping options but you have to call them for it right now-still isn't an option on the website the last time I looked.
Old June 13, 2008, 06:45 PM   #13
zxcvbob

I just placed an order with F&M today for a bullet mold and a lubrisizer die. If they don't get here for 6 weeks that's OK as long as they get here eventually. (faster would be better, of course) I'll let you know what happens.

Someone mentioned Kempf's. I ordered a Marlin rifle from them a couple of years ago when nobody else had 'em in stock. Fast turnaround and no problems.