The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Closed Thread

Old June 11, 2012, 09:33 AM   #76
oneounceload

Dayman - it wouldn't bother me to see some of it donated to a charity - but these folks were held against their will with no probable cause - the same tactics the Gestapo, KGB and other tyrannical government agencies used. The ONLY way to get them to stop is to make it SO expensive, repeatedly if necessary, that they stand down

Reread Franklin's quote about giving up security for safety if necessary - we need LESS nanny-state and big brother gov't, not more otherwise they will start to do what they are beginning in the UK - using cameras to profile to see if you look like the type ABOUT to commit a crime and arrest you beforehand.....
Remember Minority Report? It is starting to happen
Old June 11, 2012, 11:05 AM   #77
zxcvbob

Quote:
what i'm also sad about is how many people accepted having weapons drawn on them, being taken out of their cars, being cuffed. but i'm beginning to lose sympathy for sheeple
What else does one do in those circumstances? The cops have you outnumbered and they have the drop on you with superior weapons. Tactically, you have to surrender. Doesn't mean you should consent to any searches or be cooperative.
Old June 11, 2012, 11:48 AM   #78
Tom Servo
Staff

Sheeple and Nazis and Stalin, oh my! I think we've covered all the ground we need to on this one.
Closed Thread