The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old November 10, 2012, 06:46 PM   #1
napg19

winchester PDX1 shot shell

Bought some of these today for my .410 mossberg pump. these have the projectile dics's with BB's in them. Anyway I asked the clerk about using them in a full choke barrel. He said they should be the same diameter as OOO buck shot.
So as long as the disc's are not the same diameter as a slug I should be alright shooting these. Any opions or experience shooting these shells in a full choke barrel is appreciated as always, Thanks.
Old November 12, 2012, 09:13 AM   #2
Pfletch83

From what I've seen shooting them through a cylinder choke...they are a novelty at best and a waste of money at the worst.

if you're use to shooting off the shelf slugs and buckshot you can tell a big difference between those and the PDX-1 stuff (recoils more than a .410 should out of a shotgun)

Needless to say they aren't my cup of tea,I had a friend tell me about the extractor being blown after feeding his 500E a steady diet of the PDX-1.

The patterns from my tests weren't anything to write home about either.

I've had better luck with the federal loads.
Old November 12, 2012, 10:50 AM   #3
jmortimer

The were designed for revolvers not rifles. I don't think the penetration will be great. For me, the 000 buckshot makes sense.
Old November 12, 2012, 01:20 PM   #4
napg19

Thanks guys. I'll stick with OOO Buck and sell the pdx to someone. Thanks again.