The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old January 15, 2009, 10:10 PM   #1
Strick

Sight question

I asked this in another place but I figured I would ask here also. I need to get teh rear sight fixed on my P14 Limited, the small nut on the side of the windage adjustment is missing (of course i am using that as an excuse ). Would you just get the adjustable sight replaced/fixed or would you get a different set, something like a 3 dot or night sights. This gun will hopefully end up being a USPSA/IPSC gun.
Old January 19, 2009, 03:41 PM   #2
rduckwor

The real answer to that questions depends upon how well the sights work for you now. Can you acquire a sight picture rapidly with the sights? If so, get them fixed and give it a try.

Many of us switch to something different for competition guns. Fiber Optic front sights are very common because they work really well are are easy to acquire rapidly.

Experience will tell you whether or not to switch.

Good Luck,

RMD
Old January 19, 2009, 03:55 PM   #3
Strick

I have a couple few thousand rounds threw it and have not had a real problem with them. However that is not necessarily the same type of shooting that I would be doing at an IPSC match.

Of course doing some looking it seems I am pretty limited on the sights I can put on a P14 Limited as they dovetail is a weird size.....or so I am told by a few places. It is going back to get the rear sight fixed and have a FO front put on, that should work pretty well I think. A wide notch rear would be nice but I don't think I can find one to fit.

Thanks