The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old February 4, 2013, 11:54 AM   #1
aldol

US Army improvised munitions handbook

just found out that the military is not subjected to copyright and found two websites that have the "US Army improvised ammunitions handbook" online
one is HTML
the other is PDF and you can download it at one time , 273 pages
i had bought the paper copy a few years ago and it is still available on amazon for about $10.00.
you never know when things may change. i recommend downloading the pdf and disseminating the info
html website:
http://www.libertyreferences.com/imp...handbook.shtml

pdf downloadable: http://cryptome.org/tm-31-210-pdf.zip
if you have trouble downloading the pdf
email me

Last edited by Mike Irwin; February 4, 2013 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Inappropriate language
Old February 4, 2013, 08:32 PM   #2
reloader28

I picked up a couple about 3 years ago.
Man, it has some very interesting info in there.
I actually dont know how it can legally be on the shelves.
Old February 4, 2013, 09:08 PM   #3
SL1

"I actually dont know how it can legally be on the shelves."

Probably it is legally considered to be within our First Amendment rights to read such material.

However, I would not be surprised if downloading that PDF gets your name put on a list somewhere in the government. Maybe the "no fly list?" Or, if that doesn't do it by itself, you could always visit a Jihadist website, too.

Then, when the shady-looking characters start showing-up and hinting that they would like for you to help them blow-up the U.S., don't forget to ask to see their government IDs so that you can tell the real terrorists from our government agents. Or not.

Anyway, MUCH more excitement than I am ready for right now.

SL1
Old February 4, 2013, 11:58 PM   #4
lamarw

Just tell the Feds you went thru Officer Candidate School and have all of the Field Manuals and Techical Manuals memorized already.

Last edited by lamarw; February 5, 2013 at 12:24 AM.
Old February 5, 2013, 12:11 AM   #5
TXAZ

Didn't Palladian Press win multiple lawsuits from their "Anarchist Cookbook", where families of those killed sued, and they won on first amendment grounds?
I thought they settled only once.
If the Feds are paranoid they could just snag credit card receipts as they go by...

Cave illos in guns et backhoes
Old February 5, 2013, 10:04 AM   #6
PawPaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by reloader28
I actually dont know how it can legally be on the shelves.
Military Field Manuals are government publications, paid for with your tax dollars, and the vast majority of them are in the public domain. Unless the manual holds classified information, it is generally available to the public.

Many are available for download at no cost. There list is here, but you may need to know what you're looking for as you scroll through the list. Of particular interest to many rifle competitors is FM 3-22.9 Rifle Marskmanship.

These manuals are ours, guys. We might as well use them.

http://pawpawshouse.blogspot.com
Old February 5, 2013, 08:45 PM   #7
reloader28

I hadnt thought about the tax dollars. Still, in the improvised munitions book it tells you how to make EVERYTHING. Everything from bombs, grenades, gunpowder, guns, napalm, booby traps and tells where to get the stuff to build it. It seems like they wouldnt want that out to the public.

Wow Paw Paw, that is a heck of a list. I've picked up a couple manuels at war surplus stores.
Old February 5, 2013, 09:10 PM   #8
wrightme43

If there is a list I would have to say that we are all already on the list.
Old February 6, 2013, 11:32 PM   #9
Heavy Metal 1

Well you WILL be on the list or at least probed. I downloaded one manual then got a warning that I am accessing an Army website and by continuing to access I would agree to accept my computer being probed. No thanks.
Old February 7, 2013, 12:27 AM   #10
iraiam

If they are going to put me on a list, I might as well be at the top of the list. Fear no mortal!

I'll look through some Wireshark and network security logs, but I doubt the "probe" will amount to much.

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few public officials." George Mason

Last edited by iraiam; February 7, 2013 at 12:33 AM.
Old February 7, 2013, 09:22 AM   #11
HiBC

Both my older brothers were Army Special Forces.I was probably 20 when I read them?I do not know the publish date,but I'm 60 now.
I'm not a veteran,but an old,wise Sgt Major told me "No sense practicing something you can only screw up once"

Improvise munitions can teach you that in a posthumorous fashion(after it stops being funny).

Those books were written for a particular rare context,where risktaking might be necessary.

We aren't there.

That stuff will hurt you in really ugly ways if Murphy shows up.

And,if you attempt to procure anything for an experiment,likely you will attract attention.

Read whatever you want,I guess,

It'd be better to plant a garden or something.Grow corn,make distilled beverages..
Old February 7, 2013, 03:31 PM   #12
iraiam

HiBC,

Nobody is advocating doing anything, this is just a document.

As someone who once studied chemistry and physics at a fairly advanced level, I assure you, that anyone with access to a grocery store and a hardware store can do much of this and much more.

Just because someone has knowledge and and a document does not mean they are a threat.

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few public officials." George Mason
Old February 8, 2013, 09:07 AM   #13
reloader28

Just because someone has knowledge and a document does not mean they are a threat.

Yes it does. According to the KGB (homeland security) if you have a pantry full of food you are a threat (to their agenda).
Old February 8, 2013, 09:19 AM   #14
iraiam

I have a pantry full of food, along with the will and means to defend it if necessary.

Old February 8, 2013, 09:33 AM   #15
ScottRiqui

Quote:
Yes it does. According to the KGB (homeland security) if you have a pantry full of food you are a threat (to their agenda).
I think that might be a little bit melodramatic, unless DHS has been rounding up Mormons without our knowledge. Aren't they supposed to keep at least a three-month supply of food, per their religion?
Old February 8, 2013, 04:16 PM   #16
AZBarbarian

Gonna get this ASAP.
Old February 8, 2013, 05:54 PM   #17
A pause for the COZ

Thanks PawPaw. My night shifts are covered for a while :-)
Old February 9, 2013, 06:32 PM   #18
SerenityNetworks

I took a look at the handbook. It reminds me much of Abby Hoffman's book, "Steal This Book".

NRA Life Member
------------------------
"There are some ideas so preposterous that only an intellectual will believe them." - Malcolm Muggeridge
Old February 9, 2013, 06:49 PM   #19
4V50 Gary
Staff

There must be thousands and thousands of copies of that book in the public hands. May the day never come when someone needs to use it.
Old February 9, 2013, 09:41 PM   #20
wncchester

The depth of the promised 'fundamental change to America' our King and his ever expanding "liberal" gobbermint has already brought us is that concerns about our very own KGB and govie black lists are now credibly considered to be quite possible.
Old February 10, 2013, 12:03 AM   #21
Heavy Metal 1

^^^^^ yup

why else would one have to consent to having your computer explored if you proceed to download the manuals?

and this:http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/201...tacenter/all/1 is just to fight terrorism, uh huh, right...
Old February 10, 2013, 12:19 AM   #22
ScottRiqui

Quote:
Well you WILL be on the list or at least probed. I downloaded one manual then got a warning that I am accessing an Army website and by continuing to access I would agree to accept my computer being probed. No thanks.
That's a pretty standard notice when you access a .mil website. Strangely, I didn't get the warning from my home computer, using Safari, Firefox or Chrome for a web browser.
Old February 10, 2013, 12:22 PM   #23
reloader28

I think that might be a little melodramatic.

You must not pay attention to the right news sources.
The Mormons have been questioned about customers sales and the feds wanted names of people stockpiling food.

According to the DHS, most of the people on this forum and ALL the people I know are considered terrorists and our neighbors are supposed to turn everyone in.
Old February 10, 2013, 03:46 PM   #24
HiBC

iraiam

I did clearly say "Read anything you want".I believe in both knowledge and Liberty.

I don't make any big deal out of the availability of the book.

All you have to do is watch the "fail" videos on you tube to figure out SOME folks get real bored and decide to do something stupid.And some folks are nuts like McVeigh and the Unibomber.

No,I do not believe in banning books.When books are outlawed,only outlaws will have books.

I am saying there is a long list of good reasons ,death being only one of them,not to experiment with improvise munitions.

I know one person who spent weeks in a burn unit,one who had his eyes bandaged for a few weeks because his face was flash burned,one who has one thumb smaller than the other and some scars on his hands,and another with one arm missing.

You had chemistry class,great!!I have good experience to recognise improvise munitions is not a sustainable hobby craft.

Among those are people who studied chemistry and physics.

Read anything,know anything.

Don't take it to the kitchen,oh,that reminds me!!Another incident!!Neighbor kid next door,saw my brother casting solid fuel rocket motors.(Junior High!)The mixture gets melted on a stove,in a double boiler.This kid used a coffee can,bad idea to have a coffee can of rocket fuel ingredients,available at Wal-mart,on the stove.Real bad idea.Kitchen needed work.

Decades ago,things were not so legally controlled,somebody who had chemistry and physics class,lost a little chunk of white phosphorous on the cool basement floor.I found it with the sock on my right foot.Later,I was laying on my bed,reading,drinking iced tea,and listening to the radio.The phosporous warmed up.Have you ever had your right foot catch on fire in bed for no apparent reason?

Then there was a local gentleman who had some crystalized dynanite in his shed.My best friend was a friend of his family.He helped search for remains.

Murphy's Law.Count on it.

Last edited by HiBC; February 10, 2013 at 04:07 PM.
Old February 10, 2013, 04:30 PM   #25
iraiam

I find it amusing that you mock my education as "chemistry class".

I thin I'm done with this thread before I tell someone to pack sand.