The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old May 6, 2013, 04:35 AM   #1
trapper300RUM

Have Any of You Used This Brand Of Primers

have any of ya fella reloaders used any Sellier & Bellot primers i found a site that has small pistol primers & the large pistol in stock & ready to ship
Old May 6, 2013, 09:58 AM   #2
lamarw

I have not used their primers for reloading, but I have reloaded a ton of their brass. Their brass has a rather tight primer pocket, and the reloader has to put a little extra oomp into pressing other brand primers into their brass. I do not know whether this would translate into their primers being a little loose in other brands of brass or not.

It is a good quality ammunition, and I personally like to reload their used brass. I would buy their primers if I needed primers. Let us know how it works out and how well their primers fit other brass.
Old May 6, 2013, 12:39 PM   #3
FrankenMauser

I've used their small rifle and small pistol primers. They work as well as anything else.
Old May 6, 2013, 07:09 PM   #4
Misssissippi Dave

I like their ammo so I would not have any problem buying their primers. I have not found a good deal on them yet so I have not purchased any. I can't say I can remember hearing anything bad from anyone using them.
Old May 7, 2013, 04:09 AM   #5
Mike / Tx

I have shot some of the ammo but haven't gotten into the 2K of SR primers I purchased just yet. I figured they would be good for loading up rounds to feed my .223 AI Contender for the oldest grandson to shoot with. Since we mostly use it for little critters and crows, I figured they would be good enough. They should surely be as good as the Wolf primers I have been burning through.