The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old September 9, 2011, 09:34 AM   #1
Gary Slider

OH/LA Sign Agreement. MI/Maine have Agreement in Works. New Mexico

Ohio and Louisiana have signed a Reciprocity agreement. This brings to 21 the number of states Ohio has signed with. 36 for Louisiana.

I am hearing from reliable sources that Michigan and Maine have an agreement in the works.

As for the state of New Mexico they have been saying for the last 18 months they are working on agreements with the 18 states they honor on an informal basis. In the mean time they have signed an agreement with Arkansas (I have a copy of that agreement) and Arkansas was not one of the 18 states they honored informally. There is no word of this agreement on the New Mexico DPS page but Arkansas now list New Mexico as a state they have a signed agreement with. I am wondering if NM will ever update their website with the agreements they have actually signed. Many of the states they have they informally honor will sign with any state that honors their permit/license so in the past 18 months they should have signed with some of those states.

I have just gone through every page at Handgunlaw.us and have checked every link. There are over 1000 links on the state pages. 30 to 40 were broken with most of these being states that move pages when they update them or have moved their statutes. I ask your assistance in checking your state page and if there are ever any broken links to click on "Contact Us" at the bottom of the main page at Handgunlaw.us and let us know so we can repair them. I find it very frustrating when I try to follow a link on a website and it doesn't work.
Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network.
Old September 9, 2011, 10:46 AM   #2
2damnold4this

This is good news. I know a lot of folks want some sort of federal agreement in place but I think the state level agreements hold more promise.
Old September 9, 2011, 02:33 PM   #3
HarrySchell

Given our current DOJ and ATF, I want this issue dealt with at the state level. No feds. Even if I live in CA.
Old September 9, 2011, 04:12 PM   #4
Sefner

Quote:
Given our current DOJ and ATF, I want this issue dealt with at the state level. No feds. Even if I live in CA.
So much this. I want the Federal government to keep their grubby hands out of it, to be honest. Nothing to do with the current administration or any political party, I just don't think the States should cede that power to the Federal government to screw it up like they do everything else.