The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old June 24, 2009, 04:10 PM   #201
Rodger_p

Soucey signed for mine on 3/31/09.

I got it back today. Merle Botting repaired it. Polished feed ramp also.

(PPK/S)

Rodger
Old June 24, 2009, 06:33 PM   #202
hhb

Recall

What a difference a day makes! Soucey signed for mine on 03/30, and it showed up on 06/9. Soucey signed for Roger P's on 03/31, and his showed up on 06/24.
Old June 24, 2009, 08:21 PM   #203
bignz

Well if one day for receipt means 15 in terms of return I should be getting mine in 3 more months.
Old June 24, 2009, 10:02 PM   #204
bronson5

Any PPK owners get any updates for S&W on availability of the elusive spring that PPK/S owners don't require? Was told something definitive was coming tues or wed of this week but that to has passed. Perhaps by the end of the week . Then again.....
Old June 25, 2009, 12:49 PM   #205
joe b

PPK/s returned

Got mine back this morning from FEDX. S&W received it 04/01. I sent it in with no grips and they sent it back with grips. I am satisfied. The gun is safe now. They also polished the feed ramp.
Old June 25, 2009, 02:57 PM   #206
TLeo

Called 3 weeks ago and was told it would be another one to three weeks on my ppk. Still not here so I guess just another lie from S&W
Old June 25, 2009, 04:41 PM   #207
bignz

I know - they've been telling me 1-2 weeks for well over a month.
Old June 25, 2009, 08:01 PM   #208
3StrikesNC

Sent an email to Smith on Monday. Today's Thursday. Have not heard a word,, no confirm on the email, nothing.

Smith has had my gun since April 2nd.

I am disappointed.

I didn't buy a Smith in the 90's because of the back-door deals the English owners made with the Clinton administration. I wouldn't even look at one. Once Smith was re-bought by the American "former" Execs, I gave them another look. Own more than a few now.

I am disappointed.

Don't know what I'll do in the future, but;

I am disappointed.

Did I mention I'm disappointed? Life's too short for me to give my business to a company that treats me like this .
Old June 26, 2009, 11:17 AM   #209
bronson5

My Walther USA E Mail contact/pen pal is now avoiding me so I called once again and after stopping the gal from doing the let's see, you sent it in on... schtick by telling her this is my 15th call and yes, it is a PPK, not a PPK/S she said oh , ok, we were supposed to get the springs in this week but that never happened. She has no idea why, believes they are coming from overseas but didn't know where. I asked what the expected date is now and her reply was "about 4-6 weeks after we receive the springs". I thanked her for once again pushing the ETA out another 4-6 weeks. Told her to have a nice summer and I'll talk to her around the Christmas holidays. Is this what obama meant about bitter gun owners?
Old June 26, 2009, 12:41 PM   #210
Jacobie

Lady wheres my spy camera?
Old June 26, 2009, 09:09 PM   #211
bignz

Lady, where's my spy camera?

Just so we're all clear...

http://download.lardlad.com/sounds/s.../nightout3.mp3
Old June 26, 2009, 11:43 PM   #212
MartyG

Well after Jacobie's "spy camera" question, and now with Bignz's audio link, it is all clear to me now!
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
I'm sure this is a reference to something I slept through! LOL
Old June 26, 2009, 11:49 PM   #213
Jacobie

Bignz, excellent catch. I wasn't sure if anyone here would get the refrence, but waiting on my PPK makes me think of that everyday as I check my front door for the UPS post-it.
Old June 27, 2009, 12:22 AM   #214
bignz

Marty - If memory serves this episode of the Simpsons has Bart sending away for a spy camera and months pass while he pesters the mail lady every day. Not perfectly analogous to our situation, but I do feel like holding the UPS driver responsible some days.
Old June 27, 2009, 02:28 AM   #215
MartyG

Jacobie, Bignz, thanks for filling me in on the inside joke.... I "get it!" Glad to hear you guys are still maintaining some humor in this situation! Hang in there, sometime, eventually, all our PPK guys/gals will be reunited with their pistol! Right now your fate is in their hands. After the guns are returned, you can decide what to do after that, i.e. future purchases, etc. Thank God that for now, at least, you are still allowed to have them! But don't get me started on that thread!!!!!
Old June 28, 2009, 07:05 PM   #216
bignz

Man I hope this is the week.
I want to be shooting the PPK/S on the fourth weekend...
Old June 29, 2009, 04:44 PM   #217
bignz

The notice was hanging on my door today.

S&W logged mine in on April 7th and it is back June 29th.

This is likely my last post (unless there is some problem with their work) but I'll continue to watch your responses. Thanks for the commiseration over the past several months.
Old June 29, 2009, 07:28 PM   #218
bignz

See attached pictures.

The first picture makes me happy. That is the gun at home on my reloading bench.

The second picture will always remind me of these 3 ridiculous months. It looks like when they struck the mark into my frame they double hit the punch and I got a stupid double tap mark. Maybe someone brought their 10 year old to work and let him smack a few marks into my gun. Am I overreacting?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00004.jpg (155.3 KB, 112 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00007.jpg (85.6 KB, 127 views)
Old June 29, 2009, 09:46 PM   #219
hhb

Double punch

Send an e-mail to S&W with the photo of the double punch, and share with the forum what their response is. I'd be unhappy too!
Old June 30, 2009, 02:51 PM   #220
tcov

I wish S&W had used a more unique mark than simple punch mark. A dishonest seller could simply punch mark one and claim lost paperwork. Does the paperwork even say anything about "recall repair" ? Sent mine in the middle of May, probably won't see it in July.
Old June 30, 2009, 06:49 PM   #221
hhb

Mark

The mark on the tang of my PPK/s appears to be unique in that in the bottom of the mark, there is a dimple. Don't think you could find a punch like that at a hardware store.
Old July 1, 2009, 07:07 PM   #222
OnTarget

Anyone have news about springs?

S&W will not respond to any request of mine for info anymore, the latest being the situation revolving around springs.

I have tried to be conservative with "bothering" them for info, but at the same time it astounds me that they will not post any general update on their website, which would help calm their customer base as well as ease the number of e-mail inquiries to them (assuming the information they give is truthful).

I have talked about the situation privately to a couple other PPK owners I know, plus mentioned the recall woes to other gun owner friends of mine, and they all feel like not dealing with S&W ever. Delays like this could be accepted to a point, but when S&W outright lies to people, then they get no sympathy.

I will keep my PPK when I get it back, but I'd think long and hard before dealing with S&W in the future.
Old July 1, 2009, 10:11 PM   #223
MartyG

Quote:
Does the paperwork even say anything about "recall repair" ?
It says: "Customer Complaint: Decocking Lever Advisory
Repaired: Polish Ramp of BBL.
Repaired: Repair Decock Lever Sys."

No Date of repair work given. Does have my name, and order number. Keep this, because the "advisory" is the recall.

I agree with the recent comments. Why the heck they can't make an announcement, or provide a news release, or web site comment, or anything, on this new development is beyond me. This whole saga has been a long, tiring road.
Old July 2, 2009, 11:11 AM   #224
TLeo

I really hope everyone who is as fed up with their constant lies as I am, will follow up and write them to let them know our feelings and that they will never get our business again. I told them that I was going to get rid of it when it gets back as well as sell another S&W pistol I have and NEVER purchase anything associated with them again and was going to inform everyone I know about their crappy service and lies.
I have someone who has beeen waiting to buy this ppk if it ever gets returned but I wouldn't blame them for backing out now. Maybe the only thing that will ge their attention is losing a bunch of businees and dollars!
Old July 2, 2009, 01:00 PM   #225
MartyG

TLeo, I appreciate your feelings, but I don't think S/W cares. First, they are in a seller's market right now. Earnings are up, and guns are flying off the shelves. Second, I think the whole Walther division is a red-headed stepchild of S/W. They are probably sorry they picked this up, and would sell it if the offer was right. Even the Walther website is only "kinda" linked to S/W. Third, we consumers don't carry a long grudge (usually.) If things get rough for them, they'll pay for "Great new gun from S/W" stories in the mags we all read, and we'll come running. And they know it.
Maybe, after all the dust settles down in the current market, and the manufacturers slow down enough to look around, and look ahead, one of the "Class B" companies, looking to increase their appeal and prestige, will pick up Walther.