The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old August 29, 2007, 06:54 PM   #1
Blueman2

clay throwers

Anyone have any favorites? What capabilities should I be looking for? What weaknesses should I watch out for.

I will be shooting at a public range, relatively new shooter.

I appreciate the informative posts. I have learned a lot just by lurking and reading. Thanks for any comments.

Blueman2
Old August 29, 2007, 07:29 PM   #2
lockedcj7

The Trius One-Step is my favorite. I often shoot by myself and it works great for that. If I get another one (and a regular shooting partner) I'll get one of the kind that has a seat. I've tried many of the others and they jump around too much and have to be repositioned.
Old August 29, 2007, 10:22 PM   #3
cobra81

I like my Do-All sit-down model. It is a 3/4 cock, so the throwing arm comes around and stays at about the 9:00 position after each throw. All you gotta do is move the arm a little further to the 6:00 position and it's ready to throw again. The 3/4 cock models have a much heavier cast iron construction than most of the foot models, and are pretty much trouble-free. I used to have a foot model, and even mounted to a spare tire and rim, it tended to move around quite a bit during throwing sessions.