The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old September 2, 2010, 11:34 PM   #26
Master_Of_Metal

Kenmore Range is aweful

I've been to the Kenmore range twice about a year ago, and it is unlikely that I will ever return there. The facility is OK, but here's my list of complaints:
1) Staff are complete jerks.
2) Rifle range is a walking range, so you have to wait for a Cease Fire to change targets or put up a target. Both times I was there, it was a minimum of 30 minutes between Cease Fires and most of the time it was 45 minutes or so.
Good luck trying to zero in your new rifle.
3) Anything larger than a .22 and you can only load 1 round at a time.
So if you got an AR15, you put a round in your mag, fire, drop mag, put another round in, fire and so on so forth. That sucks too when you're trying to zero your rifle.
Old September 3, 2010, 10:51 AM   #27
DaveWUSAF

(3) It shall be an affirmative defense to a prosecution brought under this section that the machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle was acquired prior to July 1, 1994, and is possessed in compliance with federal law.

Actually , I believe you can personally own a full auto firearm if you owned it before the cutoff date above.

Dave
Old September 3, 2010, 06:51 PM   #28
2guns

Ranges near Seattle area...

Sorry to learn of you relocation to the Seattle area. I spent the past 21 years there and could not get out fast enough...lol
anyway, the poster who stated you can own a full auto in WA is incorrect.

Next, if you are willing to drive 45 minutes north of Seattle to Everett there is a nice little club that is open to the public Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays if they are not flooded out. It is on Ebey Island, called the Everett Sportsmen Club. Go talk to Randy the head Range Master (and quite knowledgeable on autos too). The facility includes, shotgun stations, a 100 yard rifle range and 50 yrd, 25 yrd and 7 yard lanes as well. Some restrictions on ammo and manner of fire but a very friendly range and SAFER than many places.

Tell everyone Hi from Kevin In PA.
Old September 4, 2010, 08:12 PM   #29
MLeake

Not sure if it's still open...

...since I moved years ago, but I used to shoot at a combination indoor/outdoor range off of I-5 Exit 246 near Fairhaven. I think it was state owned. TMJ bullets required for the indoor range.

Good luck in your search.