The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old February 14, 2005, 03:16 PM   #1
Baxter

CZ Trigger mod: Spring packs?

I'm pondering adjusting the trigger on my CZ-85 to lighten it, and noticed a spring kit off wilsoncombat.com. Has anyone tried these?

I've seen a few posts on THR about members removing coils from their CZ mainspring, but I'm not willing to go modifying the original if possible. $15 for a set of two recoil springs(+P and -P), firing pin spring and the mainspring.
Old February 14, 2005, 08:58 PM   #2
m0ntels

I got the Wilson kit for X-mas and put it in my Baby Eagle. It comes with a 12lb and 15lb main spring, a reduced hammer spring, and a stronger firing pin spring. Trigger is maybe a hair lighter, dont notice the hammer spring, and the stringer main spring doesnt fling my brass as far and does a fair job at cutting recoil. Does it make a huge difference performance wise? If someone else shot it before and after and you didnt tell them, they wouldnt know. Would you know? A little bit. You're eventually going to need to replace the springs anyway, so some nice strong quality ones are always good.

Randy