The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old February 20, 2001, 06:39 PM   #1
rock_jock

Over the last several months, I have been getting a message from my browser (Internet Explorer) almost every time I try to open TFL that says "This page cannot be displayed". I don't get the message from any other webpages, and I often get it whether I am connecting from work or home (different ISPs and connection speeds). After repeated attempts to connect, I am sometimes successful, and sometimes not. Also, after finally getting on, I will often receive this message again when I post a reply/question.

Is this a problem others are having also? Is the server continually being serviced?
Old February 20, 2001, 07:01 PM   #2
Rich Lucibella
Staff

Last several months?
Can't answer that.
We have sporadic problems, like anyone else running an active message board. Most recent began about 4 days ago and is hopefully ended now. Last time was in November. What URL do you use as a front door to TFL?
Rich
Old February 20, 2001, 08:53 PM   #3
rock_jock

http://www.thefiringline.com

Yeah, I thought it was unusual. It happens constantly though, and not with other sites.
Old February 20, 2001, 11:16 PM   #4
Mike Irwin
Staff

I get that occasionally, and virtually every time it happens I connect no problem when I try again.

It's almost always from home, though, where I'm running cable access, and virtually never at work, where I'm on T1/T3 lines.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.