The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

View Poll Results: Do You Carry in Your BOB?
Yes a Pistol 11 33.33%
Yes a rifle 2 6.06%
No I do not. 20 60.61%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 10, 2015, 05:05 PM   #26
FireForged

If we are talking about a crisis, fluid disaster or other danger based emergency.. why do people always assume they can simply go home. The whole concept of carrying a bob is so that you have minimal preps - all the time. Being prepared to simply [go home] is a relatively low preparedness level. Most bob's are constructed around a 72hr lifeboat mentality. Everyone has their own unique circumstances and if a person can go-home...great but if going home would be more perilous than simply going somewhere else or sheltering in place- how prepared do you want to be?
Old January 11, 2015, 08:03 AM   #27
Mannlicher

My BOB has a S&W Model 63 in it. This is in addition to any CCW piece, or truck rifle I might have with me.
The purpose, as others have so succinctly stated, is to get me home, or to safety. This goal might well require a firearm.

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.".........Ronald Reagan
Old January 11, 2015, 01:58 PM   #28
Deja vu

Mine has a 12ga in it. Not sure where to vote. It is a small coach gun and it fits just fine in a larger back pack. Also looks like grandpas old shotgun so it may draw less attention that carrying an AR15 or some thing like that. I also carry 2 boxes of ammo, 1 in bird shot and one in Buck Shot.

all 26 of my guns are 45/70 govt, 357 mag, 22 or 12 ga... I believe in keeping it simple. Wish my wife did as well...
Old January 12, 2015, 09:13 PM   #29
Stevie-Ray

No bug out bag, but I do have a lot of canned fruit and Vienna Sausages, you know, the good stuff, that lasts for 200 years or more. I'm more the "hunkering down" type as well. Haven't yet found anybody around here that's not. Have yet to hear of an incident that would cause me to strap on all 3 of my HD weapons for a just in case, though I suppose that could happen. I do carry my HD pistol on me at all times, though. Doubtful that'll change. Old habits.

Guess if I ever do go with a BOB, it'd contain my Bunting Bullpup, due to size constraints.