The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old August 7, 2001, 02:41 PM   #1
cbjessee@NH

IWB Baton?

Any such thing as an IWB baton holder? I guess if it swiveled just right, maybe you could still sit down.

Maybe I'm just looking to see if I can carry a 26" extendable without looking too obvious. Maybe not?

BRET
Old August 7, 2001, 02:52 PM   #2
Erich

"Are you glad to see me . . .

. . . or is that your IWB baton-holder?"

It's a good idea, but I haven't heard of anybody making one. Probably a custom holster maker could whip one up with no problem, and for not much moola. I've thought that IWB in the back of your pants might be the way to go with one of these. I carry a cane now, so I don't use my autolock baton much anymore.
Old August 7, 2001, 03:20 PM   #3
cbjessee@NH

My wife has taken a CaneMaster seminar (www.canemaster.com) and has been practicing with a hickory cane. She's getting pretty good - tripping and whacking me like Kato attacking Clouseau in The Pink Panther. I'm safer on the streets!

I have trained with the Tonfa - the martial arts predicessor of the PR-24, but you can carry those (or a Bo, Naginate, Sword, etc.) around without attracting attention. I figure a baton would be a reasonable impact weapon to carry if I can do so in a less overt manner.

BRET
Old August 7, 2001, 04:26 PM   #4
Spectre
Staff Alumnus

cb,

ASP makes- or did make, dunno if they still do- a shoulder holster for ASP batons, as I recall.
Old August 7, 2001, 04:42 PM   #5
KPS

26" is alot to stick down your pants I bought a ASP holster from Brigade Quartermaster for my 21".It's worn on my belt but has a velcro flap that makes it look just like a mini-mag lite holster.I have never had anyone question me about it and it can still be accessed rather quickly.
Old August 8, 2001, 09:00 AM   #6
Erich

cbjessee - funny you should mention Canemasters; they're where I got my "Gentleman's Cane." Had it on Death Row visiting a client yesterday. No raised eyebrows (but I really do have a bum hip that needs a cane fairly often).
Old August 9, 2001, 05:49 AM   #7
David Park

When I carry my baton (not that often), I use a horizontal belt holster. It conceals fairly well. You can see a picture at the bottom of the page here, along with the shoulder holster:
http://www.selfdefenseproducts.com/asp.htm
Old August 9, 2001, 06:06 AM   #8
cbjessee@NH

Maybe 21" is the way to go. Thanks for the comments.
BRET
Old August 9, 2001, 04:14 PM   #9
KPS

David:

What size baton do you carry in the horizontal holster?I considered that holster but wasn't sure if it would print.
Old August 9, 2001, 10:32 PM   #10
David Park

I have a 21" electroless ASP (7.75" closed). It conceals on my skinny 31" waist, but I probably couldn't conceal the 26" baton. The main reason I don't carry it is weight. For regular carry I'd recommend the 16" or 21" aluminum airweight version.
Old July 19, 2010, 06:19 PM   #11
austin.butera

Iwb baton holster!!!

I found a suitable product for carrying Extendable batons IWB. I was interested in finding ways to conceal an ASP baton IWB, after years of searching I finally found a holster. The product is called a Nite-Ize nylon flashlight holster with a swivel belt clip. NOW WAIT....even though it is intended to be used as flashlight holster, I works wounders for allowing IWB carry of my ASP. The belt clip is designed which allows the holster to easily attach to the pants or the belt, while the holster sits comfortably and securely inside the pants. The swivel-position clip allows the holster to tilt, or cant, at any position the wearer wants. If anyone is serious about carrying batons IWB, THIS IS A SUBURB PRODUCT, even if it was intended to carry flashlights! This product is comfortable to sit, bend, run, and lay with it on. On the same hand, it provides a slim profile while carrying IWB for excellent concealment. I Will try to upload a pic. sometime soon that will display the abilities of this product. Please take this product into serious consideration, you won't be disappointed!
Old July 20, 2010, 08:15 AM   #12
twobit

Might want to check your state laws. Here in Texas, where many folks have CCW permits (for handguns), carrying a baton, club, or nightstick is still a prohibited weapon unless you are a peace officer. The CCW permit only applies to carrying the handgun.
Old July 20, 2010, 08:24 AM   #13
troy_mclure

many states it is illegal to carry an asp, letalone conceal one.
There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."
Old July 20, 2010, 09:26 AM   #14
pax

Antique thread.

closed.

pax
Closed Thread