The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old March 24, 2015, 11:12 AM   #1
sawdustdad

I like my InLineFabrication press stand

Recently ordered a riser/stand for my reloading presses. Chose the InLineFabrication equipment. I've always had my presses bolted or lagged down to various workbenches or desks, never really had a dedicated "reloading workbench" per se. Most recently, I've had my press lagged to a 4x4 which was then so elegantly held in a large woodworking vise on the end of my woodworking bench. Actually worked fine, and was at the right height for sitting and pumping out the ammo.

Looking to up my game, I wanted something I could use now and then move to my retirement home in a year or two. I bought the InLine stand, and three press mounting plates, and a pair of double wall mounts for storing the presses.

I tried it out last night with my original (c.1987) Square Deal press. I actually think it's faster and easier to operate the press standing than sitting. I can get more leverage (not that a lot is required) but it seemed easier. Not sure how I'll feel standing for a couple hours at a time, but I do have an anti-fatique mat at the bench. Here is a pic with the press bolted to a piece of plywood that I simply clamped to my workbench, front and back. Loading .38spl for CAS. Using 125g Missouri Bullet Co. Hi Tek coated bullets and 2.9g of 700x.

I think I'm going to like this arrangement.

Any other thoughts on the InLine stuff? Anything you wish you'd done that I should consider?

Old March 24, 2015, 01:39 PM   #2
Gravedigger56

Great products. I have 2 of the InLine fabrication stands. I have my single stage mounted to a 6" stand and my turret press mounted to the 9". I can't imagine anyone ever finding anything wrong with these stands. they are quality, strong stands in just about any configuration as with all the InLine stuff.

I really wanted the case kicker they sell but alas it won't fit my press.
Old March 24, 2015, 02:18 PM   #3
Clark

Off topic slightly, let me tell you about a clamp

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001V61452

I have zillions of clamps and uses for them, it started from gluing wood.

But this clamp for clamping presses to a bench is at the next level.
"Ad hominem fallacy" is not the same as point by point criticism of books. If you bought the book, and believe it all, it may FEEL like an ad hominem attack, but you might strive to accept other points of view may exist.
Are we a nation of competing ideas, or a nation of forced conformity of thought?
Old March 24, 2015, 02:19 PM   #4
sawdustdad

Clark, look at my picture.

What clamp do you see?
Old March 24, 2015, 02:27 PM   #5
CowTowner

I have 2 of these stands as well. Also the roller handles for my Lee BreechLock Challenger and Lee LoadMaster. Great products.
“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life......” President John F. Kennedy
Old March 24, 2015, 02:31 PM   #6
schmellba99

InLine is good people, and they make good products.

I don't have a lot from them - just some LED lights for my LNL - one of the best accessories I've ever spent money on. About a year after I installed it, the strip light on the inside of the press lost adhesion while I was using it and I ended up pinching it on the upstroke. Severed the light strip - completely my fault. I emailed Dan and told him what happened and asked if a particular product on his website was the direct replacement so I could buy it. I had to talk him into taking my money instead of sending me a replacement at his cost. (I think we agreed on half price plus shipping).

I bought the little spacer/centering devices he designed for the Dillon or RCBS swagers the other day when they were posted. About 3 minutes of light filing and they fit like a glove in my unit - and should make swaging brass that much easier.
Old March 24, 2015, 03:45 PM   #7
Clark

Quote:
sawdustdad Clark, look at my picture.
What clamp do you see?
It is not an Irwin XP600.
I am going to guess it is an Irwin 546ZR
"Ad hominem fallacy" is not the same as point by point criticism of books. If you bought the book, and believe it all, it may FEEL like an ad hominem attack, but you might strive to accept other points of view may exist.
Are we a nation of competing ideas, or a nation of forced conformity of thought?
Old March 24, 2015, 07:30 PM   #8
jell-dog
Retired Screen Name

Inline-Fabrication

I just recieved my flush mount base plate, 2 adaptors and a single bracket for parking the press not in use.
The workmanship is excellent, fit and finish top notch
I chose the flush mount base so I could sit or stand while using my ROCKCHUCKER or LEE 4 HOLE CLASSIC TURRET press.
I have loaded up 500 rounds 9mm and the base and adaptors hold the press as if they are solid mounted to my bebch top!
Takes all of 2 minutes to change out presses!
I consider the $88 DELIVERED spent for this system one of the best reloading investments I have made.

I know this sounds like a sales pitch for Inline-Fabrication, but the results I have had with their products and customer servece really is great!

No, I have no affiliation with Inline-Fabrication, but if you're looking for a system to swap out presses, or mount other reloading tools when not using your press, ESPECIALLY if you have limited bench space like I do, this is the one to buy

JD
Old March 24, 2015, 07:47 PM   #9
Vance

I have a 6" tall Ultramount and the flush mount for a different bench. With the quick change plates, I can move to either spot depending on what I'm doing.