The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old May 20, 2010, 04:42 PM   #551
Mutatio Nomenis

Hi everyone, my name is Brian. I'm 17 years old from virginia. I don't own any guns yet, but I'm looking to go into the market for a firearm once I've got a place of my own and my life properly under way. To all you potential employers doing background checks on me, no, I do not condone illegal activity; I only support what is in the constitution.
Old May 21, 2010, 09:29 PM   #552
Mr Ekshin

Hiya

I keep Googling for gun info, and keep finding the best info *here*.

So I've joined. Now that I've been peeking around, I find this to be a wealth of info, and hope my future questions can be answered.

I'm glad to be here. And hope to learn a few things about some of the odd things I've inherited.
Old May 25, 2010, 04:36 PM   #553
laserguy

after 40 years

After 40 years I am getting back into shooting. I bought a Winchester Mod.52-D recently that replaces my original rifle that I sold soon after I was married. Biggest blunder I have ever made.
Old May 26, 2010, 08:40 PM   #554
CrazyCrusader

Greetings

I live in Mississippi. I found this forum through Google. Man is it big!.
Old May 28, 2010, 08:27 AM   #555
JimPage

Hi fellow gunners

Just recently joined.
Retired USAF fighter pilot, long time shooter and hunter.
Interests include rifle, pistols, shotguns. Never got interested in front stuffers.
NRA instructor in Pistols and Rifles. NY state certified hunter ed instructor.
Active member of the Camden (NY) Rod & Gun Club,

I'm an old geezer, born in 1936.

My underlying tought about combat is that shooting fast just means missing more, but faster. Good aim and calm shooting makes for winners.
Old June 1, 2010, 07:15 AM   #556
5 Finders

New to site

Hi Guys..new to this type of thing, live in West Australia, shoot/cull for a living mainly Roo's and Camels, shoot mainly 6.5x55, 22-250 and play with a .22 and a cupboard full of shotties.
Old June 3, 2010, 04:12 PM   #557
humboldtsgt

Hello from northern California. I am researching my retirement state and my ability to enjoy shooting has alot to do with where we will end up.

Lived here all of my life and am not happy with the changes I have seen. I am a supervisor with the California Highway Patrol (20 years now) and my status almost means nothing except exemption from waiting periods and concealed carry in and out of the state (HR218).

Matt
Old June 3, 2010, 09:22 PM   #558
Glockleprechaun

Hello everyone! My name is Evan. I shoot mostly pistols, and love Glocks. However, I like others such as the XD, XD-m, S&W revovers etc...
Old June 8, 2010, 07:25 PM   #559
Slowsteadysq

Hello,
I'm the FNG to TFL can't wait to start posting a thousand questions!
Old June 12, 2010, 10:41 AM   #560
MIKE-MC

Newbie,Just want to say Hi

Just joined today.My Name is Mike and I love my Guns,Ammo and weapons.I shoot weekly right here in my home town in Southern NH.I collect all guns especially ww2 and Military Guns. I own about 100 guns including a Styer .50 BMG,Garrands,Mausers,Ak's,AR's,Glocks,1911's,P38's,Walther's, and ETC.
I own a welding Company and make lots of steel targets to destroy and find the limitations of Ammo.....Have some cool vids and photos of 2inch steel plates being stapled with .50 API rounds.......Just want to say Hi and get to know some new people and learn and offer my knowledge.Mike
Old June 12, 2010, 10:14 PM   #561
Six_Rounds

Hi there!

New to this forum, I was known as RevolvingGarbage on thr.org before it went down this week.

I'm looking forward to learning from and contributing to the wealth of firearm knowledge that is TFL!
Old June 13, 2010, 03:23 PM   #562
enmow

Hello Folks'

Im new too your site, visiting from Canada.
I enjoy hunting and own a couple of milsurp rifles.
Old June 13, 2010, 06:29 PM   #563
px4stormer

hello

currently live in charlotte nc. love everything that goes bang.

currently own
beretta px4 storm .45
para gi expert 1911
glock 19
taurus 66 .357 - most accurate with this.
arsenal slr 95 ak 47

if anyone has any questions about any of these feel free to ask.
Old June 13, 2010, 06:31 PM   #564
won-a-glock

Greetings from Arizona

Greetings from AZ, I've already received some great advice here from many of you on a Glock I won a month ago. Appreciate the advice. Joined a gun club, had a great time 'blasting', decided I like the Sig 229 better than the Glock so will be trading one for the other when I receive the Glock in a few weeks.

Cheers from the Desert,
Mike
Old June 14, 2010, 04:40 PM   #565
Webyshops.com

Howdy from Texas!

Just joined the forum. I have been in the outdoor/sporting industry for at least 1/3 of my life - feels like an eternity now. Love outdoors, love anything that shoots, love gizmos, general sports and spending time with my kids.

I am also an entrepreneur and I own an internet retail company Webyshops.com that deals in many products that are discussed on this forum. I plan on posting the latest updates from the manufacturers that I am connected with as well as providing any feedback and answers to technical questions that people may have.

Look for my posts in the designated section of the forum.

Message for admin: if I can help in any way - let me know.
Old June 15, 2010, 02:46 AM   #566
YungGunn

New to the forum, New to Firearms.

Im here to learn.
Old June 15, 2010, 09:54 AM   #567
TheJ

Hello!

I have been a lurker for a little while here. Finally decided to register and introduce myself. My name is Jay. I have a family and live in GA.
I'm here to absorb, learn and interact a bit.
Old June 18, 2010, 09:33 AM   #568
SnoMan97

Hello all. I am in the process of buying my first firearm. I will have lots of questions for all the pros out there. Great forum btw.
Old June 19, 2010, 06:34 AM   #569
barfly

Hi from the not so great state of New York! :barf: Plinker here, when I can afford the ammo.
Looking forward to learning from you all.
Chris
Old June 20, 2010, 09:22 AM   #570
Puff

Just another gun enthusiast
Old June 20, 2010, 02:30 PM   #571
Flea7

Newbie Here!

Hello All,
I'm in the Seattle.
I'm just getting into handguns. I've had little experience in rifles but totally new to this arena.

Looking into purchasing a .40 for home defense. Looking forward to meeting and learning a lot from you all!

-Seong
Old June 21, 2010, 06:02 AM   #572
kadima

Hello, Kadima from Italy calling.

Not exactly new to arms, I have fired "professionally", then just for fun
Garand
BM59 (the Italian version of the Garand turned semiauto, some sort of an M14)
AK
Beretta M12
Swiss Stg57
Swiss K31
Beretta 34 & 91
IMIs
P38....

Now I've discovered this forum because the only gun I am handling presently is a Uberti replica of a Remington 1858 caliber .36.

Lots of fun.....

K.
Old June 21, 2010, 12:28 PM   #573
garyboncella

Another new guy

Hi all. New to active shooting (more often than once every two or three years). In northeast Ohio. After many years of being in the silent majority decided to get more involved with not only shooting, but also politically. Limited to handguns so far, but really really want to adopt shotguns sports as a hobby (don't golf, boat, ski etc so I need something to take up my time and $$$$ ).
Old June 21, 2010, 04:43 PM   #574
SPEMack618

Howdy, I would like to introduce myself to this fine forum. after stumbling upon TFL during a Google search for 6.8mm ballistic data, it became a daily part of my Internet routine, and I finally decided to register so as to further enjoy the postings. Life long shooter and firearms enthusiatist here, have always enjoyed shooting, did a little competitive air rifle in high school, and a little competition skeet in middle school with the 4-H. Spent a summer teaching Boy Scouts the finer points of the .22 LR and now am relgated only to the occasional duck hunt and attempting to teach the girl next door the finer points of self defense with a pistol.

When I'm not shooting I like to get my shooting fix by reading firearms related books, namely Stephen Hunter and WEB Griffin.

Glad to be here.
Old June 21, 2010, 04:58 PM   #575
nbrown

Hey, new member, i've been lookin around on the forums for a few months now and just finally made a username. i have a few shotguns and im starting to collect milsurp rifles. I've found a lot of useful information on the site!
nathan

Tags
ar15 , cerakote , custom ar , introduction , laser engraving , new agent