The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old July 19, 2013, 11:08 PM   #1
KennS

CC holster for Taurus p145

Recently picked up a Taurus Millennium Pro .45. Can't find a cc holster made specifically for it, but have heard/read that XD holsters may work. Any advice?
Thansk!
"Live as free men, yet without using your freedom as a pretext for evil; but live as servants of God" --1 Peter 2:16
Old July 19, 2013, 11:40 PM   #2
JasoninSD

Kenn,

You might check out www.sideguardholsters.com for a custom holster. They list the PT145 as one they can make and there are many versions of IWD and OWD holsters. I have a couple of the Minimal Clip IWB holsters and they work great by my estimation. In fact, I just ordered a couple more. Only down side, the lead time is about 2.5 months.

The other option would be to take something like a Bianchi IWB (I think it is a model 6) in a somewhat larger size and sew it to fit the Taurus. If you have an awl, that is an option.

Jason
Old July 20, 2013, 03:17 AM   #3
Garycw

CC holster for Taurus p145

I found a cheap one that fits a pt745 perfect. May also work with 145. Not really sure of the brand though
Old July 20, 2013, 06:40 AM   #4
kahrguy

Holster for a PT-145?? not a problem Check out Old Faithfull Holsters for the kits. Great holster for the money and only part that some want to upgrade are the same belt clips used by most of the industry. Want a laser on that pistol?? They make the kydex body for that too.
You can get a iwb in regular and highrise design.

http://oldfaithfulholsters.com/
Old July 24, 2013, 05:36 PM   #5
KennS

Thanks, guys!
"Live as free men, yet without using your freedom as a pretext for evil; but live as servants of God" --1 Peter 2:16
Old July 24, 2013, 05:49 PM   #6
KennS

New question

I've heard that leather pancake-style holsters are hard to reholster. Do better (ie: more expensive, formed to the gun model) holster work better at this. I'm probably going to OWB or SOB because I don't want to invest in a new wardrobe. Thanks!
Old July 24, 2013, 07:24 PM   #7
kahrguy

I never bought anything new or different as far as clothing goes. Just don't buy them that darn tight I guess. Leave the slack to to the belt. Same ole cloths with or with out holster.
Old July 26, 2013, 08:26 AM   #8
KennS

Okie dokie. I'll let y'all know what I end up with. Thanks again!
Old July 27, 2013, 02:10 AM   #9
artoo

www.thiesholsters.com has several versions that might fit the bill.

I use one for my Rossi 462 and Taurus 856.

Tags
.45 acp , holster , subcompact