The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old March 8, 2011, 04:08 PM   #51
markj

"Walk sofly and carry a big stick" I always liked that saying...

I wass in a McDonaldss once, I know I harte to admit it, but a old guy was 6ft 6 or so, very big but not as heavy as I am. He was telling the cashier she was worthless and stupid etc cause she was new on the register. A kid in back was cooking offered her some help verbally, well this old guy said a very racist remark to this young man, he is of African descent, his mouth opened as if he couldnt belive what this old guy said to him. So I say to my friend standing beside me, "one day these old bigots will die then we can live as we should" well this guy handed me his breakfast, literally, the whole tray upside my head. Coffe was really hot, no lawyer in sight. I got free breakfast he got a talking too by the police, I refused to press charges it was Sunday.

I did pick the dude up and slammed him to the ground, my friends grabbed me and pulled me off, Iwasnt gonna hit him, just neutralizee him so he couldnt poor any more coffe on my head.

Later I felt real bad about it, I didnt know what set him off, for all i knew he might have just lost his wife or some other tragic event. I still feel bad over that one.
Old March 8, 2011, 05:20 PM   #52
8shot357

Ok, guys, I have story's all day long, my point was to hold back when your holding a fire arm with you.

That's it's. Chill!

I know that one time, I used to have that one time, times over times a week for years, yet I never needed a fire arm, or felt I needed a fire arm, until I moved to FL, and or Vegas from MN.

Does that make sense?

I'm a crazy SOB! And I'm still alive at 43, projected death? 23!

Like if you read may other post, I made it this far. Why I don't know! I should have went to Iraq, but the war was over in three days back then (1991).

Post #42

Quote:
Without writing a book, I feel I've "been there done that", is adequate for me, you'll just have to take my word for that.

Last edited by 8shot357; March 8, 2011 at 05:29 PM.
Old March 8, 2011, 05:41 PM   #53
wyobohunter

I think I've wasted enough of my time on this thread. It went from point to ponder to :barf: in about 4 posts.

Checking out.
Old March 8, 2011, 06:00 PM   #54
8shot357

Quote:
I feel the same way. I will usually say something to an unrepentant jerk i.e. somebody parking in a handicap spot when he doesn't have the sticker and appears not to be disabled... or the guy who takes up two parking spots so nobody parks next to his fancy car; the list goes on.

Now that I'm carrying I just chill.
I hear you brother!

We all chilling.

Did you read about my post were a chopped my foot off? Video soon.
Old March 8, 2011, 07:52 PM   #55
Capt. Charlie
Moderator Emeritus

Alrighty then. This is winding down; we've got several subjects going on at the same time, the OP got his point across (along with a written thrashing), and some are starting to get cranky.

I think it's time to tuck this one in and say nighty-night while we're still (more or less) ahead.

Closed.

I train in earnest, to do the things that I pray in earnest, I'll never have to do.

--Capt. Charlie
Closed Thread