The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old August 22, 2007, 05:12 PM   #1
VUPDblue

Another Form 1 Approved

I sent in a Form 1 for an SBR on 7-17-07. ATF signed for the form (priority mail) on 7-23-07. I called today to check status and it was approved yesterday (8-21-07) and sent out in today's mail. Hopefully I'll have it by Friday or Monday. This form was sent in as a Trust (my first one that way) and approved in >30 days. Despite rumors of BATFE slowing down transfers, this one seems to have been quite speedy.
Old August 22, 2007, 07:08 PM   #2
shaggy

Sorry, gotta ask - what'd you SBR?

Nice to know the NFA Branch is still moving things along at a reasonable pace. I've got four things sitting on F3's right now; as soon as I get my trust writen up I'll be tossing them all in the mail.
Old August 23, 2007, 05:19 PM   #3
VUPDblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy
Sorry, gotta ask - what'd you SBR?
Another AR. I have that pile of lowers, and I figure I'll SBR a few of them as I come up with ideas for caliber and configurations. I don't wanna sound like a tinfoil hat wearer, but I just want to have my rear covered and my toybox full if/when the registry is ever frozen. I originally thought the best plan was to have a bunch of shorty uppers to swap in and out, but that gets old quick. A good upper needs a lower to call it's own.

I gotta say, though, the trust method is the only way to go. No signoffs, no waiting for signoffs, no prints, no unnecessary trips to the City/County building. Just give in to the craving and pop the forms in the mail. Couldn't be simpler.
Old August 26, 2007, 03:22 PM   #4
reaper715

I just sent my form 1 off a few weeks ago to sbr an ar. I did it the old fashioned way.
how do u do a trust?

thanks
Old August 26, 2007, 03:44 PM   #5
DonR101395

I'm thinking the same as you VU. I'm getting ready to send another form one in for an SBR. This time a 10.5" AR. I'm going tomorrow to buy another lower.
Old August 26, 2007, 05:51 PM   #6
VUPDblue

Quote:
I just sent my form 1 off a few weeks ago to sbr an ar. I did it the old fashioned way.
how do u do a trust?
Get a copy of Quicken Willmaker and set up a Revokable Living Trust with yourself as the Trustee. Print out a copy of the declaration of trust and a copy of the certificate of trust and have each notarized (your bank will do it for free). Fill out the Form 1 or 4 as you are registering to the trust, but leave the CLEO part alone. Send in the Form with the Certification of trust and you'll get your Form back soon.
Old October 19, 2007, 08:51 PM   #7
Florida Gun Lawyer

Issues with Quicke

I have written many articles about the problems with using quicken. Feel free to check them out on this site, or at mine. I would highly recommend that you discuss these issues with a gun lawyer in your state so that you dont place your family at risk of criminal and civil liability upon your death or disability.

http://www.floridaestateplanninglawyerblog.com/
http://www.woodatter.com/