The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old June 19, 2012, 07:43 PM   #1
Peas

Where to find Custom CZs?

I've been shooting for a few years now, and am looking to get a higher quality steel 9mm. I have it down to either a Sig Sauer 226-X5 in SAO or the CZ 75 SHADOW T SAO. My problem is that I'm currently only able to find the X5 in stock anywhere. Is there a problem with importing CZs that I'm unaware of? The CZ Custom shop has not had a shipment since I've started looking and no shipment seems to be in sight. Does anyone have an idea where else I can look, or should I just go with the X5?
Old June 19, 2012, 08:29 PM   #2
WVsig

Google CZ Custom Angus is great. The other solid choice is Cajun gun works. Both will do great work.
Old June 19, 2012, 08:46 PM   #3
Walt Sherrill

czcustom.com/CZ-Custom-Pistols.aspx

cajungunworks.com

I'd go either of these routes if I were you. A Tactical Sport would be my choice -- and you can buy it from the CZ Custom Shop.

That said, I have a SIG 226 X-Five in .40 that I simply can't shoot worth a damn -- it's the only gun I've had of that quality that doesn't do what I expect it to do. (This one is very accurate from a rest -- so it may just be a bad fit between me and the gun.)

I've been trying to talk with Gray Guns about doing some work on it, but they're so busy, I've been waiting a month to talk to a gunsmith there. I'm tired of waiting. I have a Gray Guns P-228 that is superb.

Contact me by PM if you aren't sure about the CZs and still want an X-Five; maybe we can work a deal...

Last edited by Walt Sherrill; June 19, 2012 at 09:18 PM.
Old June 19, 2012, 08:48 PM   #4
loose_holster_dan

yeah, cz custom shop usually has some guns in stock. as to that specific model, they don't currently have stock, but their stock fluctuates a lot. i personally have the shadow custom target. love it.

"A Sig is like a lightsaber - not as clumsy or random as a Glock."
Old June 19, 2012, 09:07 PM   #5
flightline

Jensen Arms
285 #E East 29th St
Loveland, CO 80538
970-667-7727
http://www.jensenarms.net/
Old June 20, 2012, 03:58 AM   #6
mumbo719

Give CZ Custom a call and ask for an ETA. They are great folks to deal with.
Old June 20, 2012, 04:19 AM   #7
Peas

Appreciate the responses, glad to see that I came to the right place.
Old June 20, 2012, 10:54 AM   #8
Contrast Man

Quote:
Give CZ Custom a call and ask for an ETA. They are great folks to deal with.
+1

They're very easy to deal with and are superb at calling you the same day they get your requested firearm in stock.