The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Bolt, Lever, and Pump Action

Old May 8, 2015, 01:39 PM   #51
Saltydog235

Quote:
The Accu-Triggers are only intended to be adjustable down to 24 ounces (1.5 lbs). ...Which Remingtons have been capable of since at least 1950.
Well, my 40X would adjust down to 2lbs one shot, 4 lbs the next, 1lb then 5lbs. The adjustment screw was so far out in the shoe, it took meat off my finger on the recoil. Remington triggers suck. Fact is the only saving grace on most Remington's is the action and number of parts you can replace on one. I buy a Remington these days, I put a Timney in it before I shoot the first round.

My two Savages both still have their factory triggers, the PC is set at about 1.5lbs, the other about 2. Other than the feel of the blade, they break clean with negligible overtravel.
Old May 8, 2015, 04:22 PM   #52
Pahoo

In the beginning;

Quote:
The Accu-Triggers are only intended to be adjustable down to 24 ounces (1.5 lbs). ...Which Remingtons have been capable of since at least 1950.
Another answer to a question, not asked. .....

The OP is only asking;

Quote:
Do you like the accutrigger? Why?
Do you dislike the accutrigger? Why?
Pretty simple and some have stated they like it and other do not and why. Never intended to turn a spitting contest. I personally like "all" of mine and respect other's opinion that don't. Currently the best trigger I have, is on my Ruger 10/22 but again, that question wasn't asked, as well. ....

Be Safe !!!
Old May 8, 2015, 08:27 PM   #53
FrankenMauser

Pahoo, if you're capable of quoting my response, then you're capable of quoting the QUOTE included in the reply. ...A quote which WAS the question.