The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old January 19, 2013, 07:16 PM   #26
NUKE HUNTER

signed it,if i didnt have a large family here , i would leave this insane place. i went to a gun club meeting last night and everyone was livid. "what could we do?" was thrown all over the place,meanwhile a few months ago we had a vote to make being a member of the NRA a requirement for the club. and would you freaking beleive that it was voted DOWN !!!!!!. i was fuming. last night i wanted to bring it up again but had no balls. i think that these people are just cheap.thats the sad thing. we need all the help we could get in new york where hunting and shooting areas are shrinking.
Old January 23, 2013, 08:24 PM   #27
tobnpr

Quote:
Possession of a non-grandfathered 10 round mag is illegal. All existing 10 round mags are fine but cannot be loaded with more than 7 rounds.
Someone please explain to me...

How in the world do they know when a magazine was manufactured???

They're NOT serialized!

It was different when the AWB went into effect in '94... it prohibited manufacture nationally....

Or, do you NY'ers need special mags stamped with the manufacturer and date of manufacture?
Old January 24, 2013, 01:04 PM   #28
JimDandy

Quote:
a few months ago we had a vote to make being a member of the NRA a requirement for the club. and would you freaking beleive that it was voted DOWN !!!!!!.
I would have voted against it as well. The NRA sent me an invitation to join, and I passed at the time. They required a signature on a position statement that wasn't my position, so I wouldn't put my name on it. Secondly, I find it vaguely hypocritical to regulate membership in an organization that promotes firearms without regulation to participate in the activity the organization promotes. Highly prefers, I'd have voted for. Absolutely requires, I'd have voted no.
Old January 24, 2013, 02:45 PM   #29
NUKE HUNTER

jim dandy are you from new york?
Old January 24, 2013, 06:33 PM   #30
JimDandy

Nope, I just disagree with our side requiring something to exercise their 2nd amendment either.
Old January 24, 2013, 06:35 PM   #31
Nick S.

Signed it once.

I live in NY and signed it once already. Should I sign it again?
Old January 24, 2013, 09:58 PM   #32
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

No Nick. If you have already signed, do not sign again.

Depending upon how the petition is validated, you could wind up having both your signatures stricken.
Old January 25, 2013, 03:00 PM   #33
NUKE HUNTER

when you live in new york, you need all the help you can get, and it takes alot of time, money and resources. i like the NRA on my side,they have all that. how do you fight a bully thats bigger then you? you get yourself a bigger guy and kick his arse!!!
Old January 27, 2013, 09:29 AM   #34
Cascade1911

Any idea what Senator Marchione plans to do with this petition? Yes, I signed it and urged everyone I know to sign it. Now what? Looks like the whole mess is just fading away. Ball and Katz and Marchione and the other legislators who opposed the bill seem to have become very quiet.