The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old December 27, 2008, 05:35 AM   #1
Derekadavis

Cheap but good quaility 9mm ammo

I recently purchaced a Taurus 917c. It is 9mm para. where can i find cheap but good qaulity ammo? i found Natchezss.com they have CCI Blazer 9mm Luger 115gr FMJ for 8.49 a box. is this good enough quaility ammo for the range? is there any cheaper websites yall know of? what is the differance between para and 9mm luger? thanks
Old December 27, 2008, 02:16 PM   #2
dogtown tom

9mm Parabellum is the same as 9x19 and 9mm Luger.

Walmart & Academy are often cheaper than mail order.

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE
Old December 27, 2008, 03:25 PM   #3
mniesen89

Ammo

+1 for dogtown,keep in mind your going to have to pay a haz-mat fee for shipping ammo.Walmart sells 9mm blazer,I'm not really sure for how much bing a make my own,but I know they have it.
Old December 30, 2008, 08:37 AM   #4
GoldenRoyBoy

I've got a beef with Natchez Supply!

Boy, I'm ready to bitczzz.

Natchez Supply; to think I actually recommended them to someone recently. Not any more! Yes, some of their prices are attractive. That is until you begin scrutinizing your invoice; after purchasing. Check out their delivery fees. Check out their hidden "handling" fees. Check out unauthorized contributary fees. I distinctly told them no to an NRA contribution; but, it appeared on my invoice anyway. Yes, I called and complained. Want to hear what the salesman told me, before hanging up on me? "Go **** yourself; you've got a really bad attitude!"

I guess I was ready for them to give me another chance to complain; UPS bundled a bullet/primer/powder delivery to me from Natchez Supply several months ago. Granted, not really their fault. Someone had opened the box from the bottom; stealing 5m primers, and all my 556 live rounds. It took numerous phone calls; and over a month for me to finally get replacments. Never once did Natchez Supply call me; until I wrote them a letter, detailing my dissatisfaction with their operation; and lack of customer service. Earlier, during one of my numerous telephone calls "to" them, Salesman Roger, after hearing me state something about Midway's excellent CS Dept. replied, "We're only about 1/10 the size of Midway; we don't have the staff they do! He did not like it when I replied back, "Maybe there's a reason!"

I won't be buying anything else from Natchez Supply; no matter how attractive their displayed price is.

GoldenRoyBoy

Last edited by GoldenRoyBoy; December 31, 2008 at 08:11 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old December 30, 2008, 08:44 AM   #5
45Marlin carbine

I've had mixed results w/Natchez but mostly good. I had a large heavy box sent to me that IMO was too lightly packed and burst open loseing some bulk-pack slugs and damaging some ammo boxes. Natchez made it good right away. I called Natchez and explained my thoughts about the packaging after consulting with the UPS route driver (he agreed I should complain about the packaging) and apparently it was well received.
on the other hand their 'handling/shiiping fee' seems excessive IMO.
Old December 30, 2008, 09:00 AM   #6
true_pair

my local walmart is selling blazer brass 9mm for $8.40 (I think) a box. They never have more than a 1000 rounds in stock though

BEN FRANKLIN
Old December 31, 2008, 01:22 PM   #7
Armed Citizen

Wal-mart carries Winchester & Remington ammo as reasonable prices.
Old January 1, 2009, 09:03 PM   #8
4forever

Walmart has some 100 rnd boxers of 9mm for like $19.95 around here. (KY)

As for that Natchez Supply place, I bought from them once. Prices looked good, but then when I got the bill, same stuff mentioned above, they added in extra charges and such. Never again! If a place is going to wack me, tell me up front!

I get a lot of stuff from MidWayUSA. In all my years of dealing with them they have always been FAST, FAIR, and took care of me if there was any problem.

Tell it like it is.....
Old January 1, 2009, 10:17 PM   #9
Derekadavis

Thanks!

I went to wal mart picked up a box of blazer brass. went shooting works fine in my gun. went back by the wal mart on the way home got the rest they had 7 boxes. Thanks everyone!!!
Old January 4, 2009, 11:50 PM   #10
Chuckusaret

WalMart- I buy every box of 9MM and 40 caliber that they on the shelf. Price in Dec was 9MM $8.50(50) and $16.50(100) and 40cal $24.50(100) but no discounts on case sales. This is all Winchester WB. Remington averages about =/- $70 for 250 rounds
Old January 5, 2009, 08:59 AM   #11
45Marlin carbine

Dicks sporting goods had Rem 'green box' 9mm Para for just under 10$/box of 50 right before Christmas. don't know if still available at that price.
I like to shop there rather than Wally because the counter fella is a good ol' boy and some sort of B.S. session is always going on. IMO the Rem green box is slightly better than Win 'white box'. Federal 'American Eagle' is the best cheaper 'target grade' ammo though. or Fiocchi.

Tags
9mm , ammo , cheap