The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old February 6, 2008, 12:23 AM   #1
gadgetguy1288

Mossberg 535?

any comments on it?, i can pick one up from a friend for $300, its camo, has an after market pistol grip on it(also comes with original), and a sling, it hasnt even had 5 rounds through it. i wanna know everyone's opinion on the gin itself though, im mainly using it for turkey and maybe waterfowl(like 1-2times a year IF that)

thanks

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government, or in the case of a zombie outbreak."
Old February 6, 2008, 10:19 AM   #2
Smitty in CT

Too much money...your friend isn't doing you any favors.

Dicks Sporting Goods is always running $299 "specials" on camo versions of the 535's with two barrels and a cheap scope...I bought on a few years ago at that price...

They are good guns, but beware of 3-1/2" shells, because of the light weight of the gun, they kick like a possessed mule!!!

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his." -- Gen. George Patton