The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old May 8, 2012, 10:48 AM   #1
chaz12

Jack Russell leather

Anybody used holsters from this source. They look to be pretty good quality at a very reasonable price. I don't find any reviews for his stuff on line.

www.bullbelts.net

Chaz
Old May 8, 2012, 12:33 PM   #2
IDAHOMIKE

May I ask what you are looking for? I have no experience with them personally, but they do seem to do nice work. More folks might be able to help you along if as knew what you were looking for.
Old May 8, 2012, 02:46 PM   #3
chaz12

I am looking for a simple rig with belt (no cartridge loops) and one strong side holster for a 5-1/2" barrel uberti cattleman. This is just for my own occasional use...I don't shoot in CAS or any other organized sport

I have looked at dozens of sources online, many of which are clearly superb quality, but I don't really need anything that elaborate and don't want to buy more than I really need.

For the price, the products on this site seem to be of high quality. I am more wondering if anyone has dealt with this merchant and would they recommend him.
Old May 10, 2012, 11:31 AM   #4
Noz

I'll bet you can't get more than one holster out of each Jack Russell.
Old May 10, 2012, 11:41 AM   #5
chaz12

Noz, you may need to explain that post...I know what you mean from doing a google search for Jack Russell. Most of the hits were not about holsters.

For the uninitiated...Jack Russell is the name of a breed of small terrier dog.

Chaz
Old May 10, 2012, 01:07 PM   #6
Hardcase

Heheh, Noz, that was the first thing I thought!
Old May 11, 2012, 02:42 PM   #7
Noz

Jack Russell Terriers are about 15 pounds of pure dynamite. They even learn to climb trees.
Holsters might be a good use for them.
Old May 11, 2012, 06:34 PM   #8
capper

chaz12, you really ought to talk with Idahomike about building you a rig.I had him build one for me,and he does excellent work!! He's building me another,as we speak. I won't use anybody else, now that i've seen his work first hand!! You won't be sorry.
Old May 11, 2012, 06:46 PM   #9
bedbugbilly

I had a "Jack Russell" once - one of the best little dogs I ever had. And . . . he wasn't a holster but he sure was a "pistol"!

Check over on the leather forum on CAS - lots of good holster makers over there.
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63
Old May 16, 2012, 08:10 AM   #10
jrussellleather

At your service J Russell leather

we found this post by accident and thought we would join the forum we are a small 5 man shop in southern Michigan we like the cowboy action type leather products we do tooling and some custom work belts a specially We are all about quality products all items sold have a lifetime warranty no questions asked
nice to meet everyone and if theres any questions please do ask thanks
Old May 17, 2012, 12:34 PM   #11
Hardcase

Welcome aboard!
Old May 22, 2012, 12:45 PM   #12
jrussellleather

thanks very much glad to be here any questions regarding leather or anything to do with the subject please feel free to PM me anytime Ill try to answer or help with anything in that field everyone happy holiday this weekend also we have 5 jack Russell's love talking Russell's or trading pictures we love are Russell's
Old July 24, 2012, 11:19 PM   #13
762x54

bullbelts.net is actually a rip-off of the higher quality http://www.bullhidebelts.com/

The owner I assume of bullhidebelts.net tried to pass off his stuff as the real thing at the last gun show I visited in lansing.

I personally would not trust anyone who engages in this behavior.

I have also heard good things about http://www.irongrizzly.com/
Old October 24, 2012, 11:15 PM   #14
Buffrat

Jrussellleather

Have had dealings with this firm. When a mistake they made resulted in the wrong item being delivered to me and I asked it to be re-ordered, all of a sudden they went personna non grata on me. They failed to return calls, e-mails, etc. As a former police officer I would recommend alternatives for your leather needs.