The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old June 6, 2012, 11:13 PM   #1
sharpie443

H&R .223 break action suppressed

I went out yesterday and did a test run on a suppressor I'm looking to buy. It worked great considering i forgot to bring the subsonic ammo. I've tested it once before with the subsonic ammo and practically all you can hear is the hammer. I've wanted to get one for my H&R handy rifle for about a year now. The thing is a tack driver at 200 yards and is my dedicated varmint gun. i want to be able to pick off a groundhog without alerting his friends. It's also the only break action rifle with a suppressor that I've ever seen. I think it's cool but I'm a bit strange some times.

http://youtu.be/S8vc4I0zKPM
Old June 7, 2012, 05:31 AM   #2
PawPaw

I've got the Ultra in .223. Great rifle, wonderfully accurate, I like it for pest control and teaching grandkids. I like single-shots for training kids. They get one shot to make it count, then the weapon is safe until I give them another round. The fact that it's a wonderfully accurate rifle doesn't hurt a bit, either.

http://pawpawshouse.blogspot.com
Old June 7, 2012, 05:30 PM   #3
Willie Lowman

Nice.

I've been looking for a rifle length .357 barrel for my T/C Encore so I can put a can on it.