The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old October 10, 2011, 08:28 PM   #1
tasman

Lahti L-39 20mm ammo ... WTB

i just purchased a Lahti L-39 this weekend. i would like to buy a couple hundred rounds for it. i know the ammo is expensive, but i am used to feeding my barrett 82 semi-auto... and i am ready to step up to a bigger caliber. i have wanted a 20mm forever. this is the gun ... http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=255164870 . i have also bought 7 more mags to go with it. i have sent emails to anyone that i could find that had 20mm dealings. i would appreciate any help you could give me... thanks...tim ...
Old October 11, 2011, 10:50 AM   #2
tulsamal

Got to love the giant skids on that thing. Not to mention the size of the box magazine!

Gregg
Old October 11, 2011, 03:02 PM   #3
m.p.driver

Don't have any 20mm,but i want to be your bestest buddy.
Old October 11, 2011, 04:15 PM   #4
GE-Minigun

Your best bet would be to try subguns.com. Think you’re in for a big surprise…feeding your Barrett is going to seem like feeding a 22. Last I looked $40+ per round, there’s a reason most people that have them reload.
Old October 11, 2011, 04:45 PM   #5
tasman

anzio has 20mm x 138b custom

i have been checking all over. right now the best deal is anzio. mike will make the custom size for $3600 for 100 rounds. its pretty expensive, but its also custom made, and fresh ammunition. i am a little nervous about using 1942 military surplus. 20mm vulcan is 20mm x 102... there are several other sizes of 20mm floating around. i want to be careful not to buy up thousands of dollars worth of the wrong or dangerous ammo.
Old October 11, 2011, 04:52 PM   #6
tobnpr

I always wondered about the ammo the military would use for the Vulcan...
There was an episode of "Sons of Guns" (don't hold it against me too much for watching) where they restored a Lahti...and the guy said he couldn't find ammo for it.

I kept thinking that with their FFL's they should be able to get the same ammo the military uses for the Vulcan...even the HE type...
Old October 11, 2011, 04:54 PM   #7
tasman

subguns.com... no 20mm ...anything...

they have not had any 20mm anything for a while. i go around to all the different gun auctions daily. i have seen a lahti for sale there, and a while back they had a solothurn. the solothurn would be a great gun... but the price on them is usually around $26,000 and up... its higher than i wanted to go. the lahti will do the same thing for less.
Old October 11, 2011, 05:03 PM   #8
tasman

vulcan is smaller...

the vulcan is a shorter ammo. will at sons of guns had problems getting ammo. i think they ended up using around 60 rounds or so. they were using a mixed box of rounds, with some jamming. i have seen all kinds of conditions, ranging from new looking, to corroded and pitted. another proble is the lahti is hard on your brass if you fire it semi-auot instead of single shot... but i want to dump 10 rounds on something big ... in a short order.
Old November 20, 2011, 06:04 PM   #9
ScottACousino

I have a buddy that might have some Lahti parts, including the Wooden Barrel Shroud if you are looking.

Let me know and I will get you his email.

Scott

Tags
20mm accessories , 20mm x 138b ammo , lahti l-39