The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old February 1, 2009, 07:59 PM   #1
boatmonkey82

help before i destroy the marlin 60 !!

ok i have a older glennfield marlin 60 - good gun - welli gave it a good cleaning and shot as few hundren rounds thru it and it started jamming up .thinking i had too much oil in it it tore it down wiped it clean and lightly oiled it .upon putting it back together it felt like a dream , nice and smooth . the first shot loads fine and fires fine ejects fine but when the bolt come back to re fire it will send the next round up at about a 45 degree angle and the bolt will freeze solid. after you beat the bolt back and get the round out the bolt will not move freely at all untill you tear it back down . i got soo ****** at it i slung it in the yard then felt bad and retreived it . throw me a line here
Old February 1, 2009, 08:02 PM   #2
roach4047

They're cheap rifles. Save yourself the next two hours of cleaning it again and take $65.00 and go buy another used one in working condition.

Roach
Old February 2, 2009, 08:46 PM   #3
George R

Marlin 60

What you have is a Marlin 99 clone. If you took the bolt apart and removed the firing pin, you might have lost the little roller in the bolt. That would make it stovepipe. If you would like detailed instructions for assembly, PM me and I'll scan them and email them to you. Your gun is IMHO still the best bargain in 22 semiautos.
Old February 3, 2009, 07:57 PM   #4
Cfish

Try this
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=86314
Old February 3, 2009, 10:29 PM   #5
boatmonkey82

no i 100% sure it is put together right , but i think the feeder is worn out. im torn here,i have a mid 90s mod 60 and a old gfield , both with family history but i get so mad at them i want to beat them on my resse hitch and throw the splinters in the burn pile !