The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old October 19, 2009, 10:54 AM   #1
Hog Hunter

Nosler Accubond vs. Swift Scirocc II

I have been a firm beliver loading the 160 grain accubonds for my 7mm rem mag. Great performance out of them for deer and hogs, but i went to order some a while back and they were out, so i decided to try the scirocc II 150. I havnt had a chance to see how they perform in the feild yet cause my girlfriend hunts with my rifle most of the time and i bow hunt for the most part. I can tell a little less accuracy out of the swifts using my same specs for the accubonds and have tried diffrent powder charges with results the same. But im not really worried about that little bit of accuracy for what i use them for i just want to know how they perfom. I will go back to using the accubonds when i shoot up all of the swifts. Just wondering if anybody prefers the swift over the nosler or vise versa and why? Thanks!
Old October 19, 2009, 11:51 AM   #2
thekyrifleman

I don't have personal experience with the Swift's, but my friend in Alaska has killed several moose with the 150 Sirroco and the 7mm-08. I have used the accubonds with great success on deer in my 280.