The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old December 4, 2011, 08:29 AM   #1
steve1147

Kudos to Lee Precision

I own a lot of Lee stuff, three presses, dies, testers, etc., and have been very happy with them for years. About two years ago I bought their Pro 4-20 bottom pour melting pot through Midway. Then the shoulder screw on the pour handle stripped, I sent it back to them and they repaired it with new parts and shipped it back to me, free. Now, about two years and hundreds of pounds of alloy melted later, with no proof of purchase, etc., the same screw stripped, so I tried to fix it thinking it's SURELY out of warranty and just messed it up worse, so with nothing to lose I shipped it back, explaining what happened and I think I must have gotten a Lemon.
Yesterday I received a brand new melter AND a check to pay me back for my shipping costs of $10.00!
Now THAT'S good customer service in my book. Thanks Lee!
Steve W.
Old December 4, 2011, 10:04 AM   #2
David Bachelder

Customer service seems to be #1 in all reloading supliers I have dealt with.
Old December 4, 2011, 10:26 AM   #3
m&p45acp10+1

I give Lee a thumbs up for customer service. I have only had to deal with them once. After I sent an email stating that I am unable to converse on a phone due to hearing loss. I recieved an email back asking what my problem was. I expaoined in the email, and the return email I recieved was the next day stating that a new one was in the mail. 4 days later it was in my mailbox.

Their service is exelent, oh and the part that was needing to be replaced was broken due to my fault. I offered to pay for the replacement part I needed. They shipped it to me at thier cost.
Old December 4, 2011, 11:50 AM   #4
Crankgrinder

I too have had nothing but great service from Lee. Ive bought a six hole .357 mold that cast misaligned bullets and sent it back, got it replaced and sent the new one back for the same thing and it also was replaced without question. not to mention I live in Texas and Lee is in Wisconsin and it only took them 1 week to ship it to me!
Old December 5, 2011, 08:35 AM   #5
Don P

Finally all positive posts. A great product at a very reasonable price and great customer service. What more could you ask for. The only equipment that I have that isn't Lee is the tumbler and my Forster bullet pullers
As you are, I once was, As I am, You will be.
Old December 5, 2011, 05:59 PM   #6
CrustyFN

I love my Lee pro 4-20 bottom pour pot. I have only had to deal with Lee customer service once and had no problems.
Old December 6, 2011, 02:24 PM   #7
Smokey Joe

Another vote...

Here too! Lee CS is XLNT IMX, the few times I've had to refer to them.

--Smokey Joe
Old December 11, 2011, 07:54 PM   #8
jsflagstad

+1 For Lee

I also own a lot of Lee equipment, not exclusively bot a lot of it. I've had great luck with their stuff and great experiences with their customer service on the rare occasions I have needed them. Someone one quoted on this site, "If you're having problems with a Lee product, read the directions again because chances are YOU are doing something wrong".. I have validated this quote once or twice.

Great products, affordable prices, great service and American made..

"Is your rifle interesting? -Larry Potterfield
Old December 15, 2011, 08:19 PM   #9
AFK

I have owned LEE products in the past and always liked them. I think I have a few downstairs as well. I still kick myself when I am reminded that I sold my single stage press. Especially when I think about what I sold it for! Anyway, CS has always been great in my dealings.
Old December 15, 2011, 09:34 PM   #10
Elkins45

Don P's comment made me realize something: Lee doesn't make a tumbler. That seems to be one of the few product categories they don't have an entry in.
Old December 15, 2011, 10:00 PM   #11
IllinoisCoyoteHunter

Busted a decapping pin on my 223 FL sizing die and broke the metal part of the handle on one of my 6 cavity molds. Kathy from Lee didn't want to stand behind the products and charged me for the 2 parts. Cost me $12 bucks.

No doubt Lee makes a great product for a great price, but I may think twice about Lee next time I buy a new die set.

Not terribly upset, just disappointed.

~NRA LIFE MEMBER~
~NRA CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR~
Old December 16, 2011, 12:29 AM   #12
Hook686

I break decapping pins occasionally. I don't hold that against Lee. I buy replacement pin, plus a couple of extra without mumbling. I have a Lyman trimmer, a Hornady impact bullet puller, and a RCBS powder scale. The rest is Lee. With the exception of the Lee Pro 1000 progressive press, all my Lee equipment I am very pleased with.

When the number of people in institutions reaches 51%, we change sides.