The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old August 10, 2013, 07:20 PM   #26
lee n. field

Quote:
Can I go from rifle to pistol cartridges with the turret kit??
Yes.

The Lee Classic Turret is a nice press. It'd take you probably a bit over $200 to get fully set up, with the Lee Pro Autodisk powder measure, the riser it needs and primer feed. Get Lee diesets (the powder measure integrates with the belling die).
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "
Old August 11, 2013, 11:01 AM   #27
LarryFlew

Having a turret and a progressive doesn't make as much sense.

You can always use a turret like a single stage but you can never use a turret like a multi-stage turret. I do my turret like a single for rifle sizes. Run the batch through sizing, prime the batch, powder, crimp and lee factory crimp all like single stage but just turn the turret instead of having to replace a die for each step. Heads are cheap and I have 4 different ones in 4 calibers and they change in seconds, not minutes.
Old August 11, 2013, 05:06 PM   #28
grisbald

I have the lee single stage. It worked great for rifles, but to me took a lot of time to load pistols. I bought the turret press and do all my pistols on that one. Much much faster. Still use the single stage for rifles.