The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Closed Thread

Old January 21, 2015, 06:19 PM   #1
jtmckinney

Obamacare’s Second Amendment Trojan Horse

Here is the link to an article I got from Yahoo News this morning < http://cnsnews.com/commentary/kennet...t-trojan-horse >.

It is a follow the bread crumbs as to how Obamacare with it's mandates is a threat to anyone's Second Ammendments rights who has ever been or may receive any kind of mental treatment.

I could not get any clear vision if these data bases would retro activitely contain past history of mental treatment or only what is collected going forward.

I thought the article was well written and talked about how this collected information could be used in a positive way but also how it could be abused by an anti gun administration.
When I am weaker than you, I ask you for freedom because that is according to your principles; When I am stronger than you, I take away your freedoms because that is according to my principles. Frank Herbert "Children of Dune"
Old January 21, 2015, 06:24 PM   #2
Aguila Blanca
Staff

You're only just becoming aware of this? This has been a concern of many pro-RKBA people since Obamacare was first passed -- or even before.
Old January 21, 2015, 08:00 PM   #3
jtmckinney

Quote:
You're only just becoming aware of this?
Nope!

Quote:
This has been a concern of many pro-RKBA people since Obamacare was first passed -- or even before.
I thought this article put it into context in a way worthy of discussion. If not this thread will die a natural death and I will not try to keep it alive.
When I am weaker than you, I ask you for freedom because that is according to your principles; When I am stronger than you, I take away your freedoms because that is according to my principles. Frank Herbert "Children of Dune"
Old January 21, 2015, 09:08 PM   #4
fuhr52

You want to know what to expect once Obamacare is fully implemented? Take a look at what our military vet's are having to deal with. Enjoy!
Old January 21, 2015, 10:04 PM   #5
Tom Servo
Staff

We're off on the wrong foot already when we can't refer to the Affordable Care Act by its proper name. There have been a few threads on this issue before. Searching for...ugh..."Obamacare" will bring them up.
Closed Thread