The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old December 21, 2007, 10:18 AM   #1
YounGun24

Mika's Pocket Holsters: Round or Square??

Someone on a thread recommended Mika's Pocket Holsters (http://www.frontiernet.net/~akim/pocket.htm). I'm thinking about getting one for my Bersa Thunder 380cc.

I noticed they have round-cut and square-cut models. I have no idea which one I should get. Is there a tactical advantage to one over the other? Does one print less? Are they for certain types of pockets, or is one more comfortable than the other? Anyone with a Mika or other type of pocket holster, please chime in.

The reason I was looking at Mika is because the quality seems good, and the price is hard to beat.
Old December 21, 2007, 10:56 AM   #2
Tim Burke

Get the shape that matches your pocket. If you have both types of pockets, get 1 of each.
Old December 21, 2007, 10:30 PM   #3
pfgrone

Unless you're on an incredibly tight budget, get one of each! They're cheap compared to many of the leather holsters. I find that the round cut fits some pockets better and the square cut fits other pockets better.
Old December 23, 2007, 09:54 PM   #4
kym

I'm going to try one of these for my SIG http://www.copquest.com/14-1588.htm a friend of mine has one and even with baggy pants it stays in when you pull the pistol out. I have one of these http://www.unclemikes.com/products/i..._holsters.html (the one on the right). It doesn't stay in all the time. Have to push it down with my finger while pulling out the pistol. I think the one on the left would work better.
Old December 23, 2007, 09:57 PM   #5
rb4browns

Quote:
Someone on a thread recommended Mika's Pocket Holsters (http://www.frontiernet.net/~akim/pocket.htm). I'm thinking about getting one for my Bersa Thunder 380cc.

I noticed they have round-cut and square-cut models. I have no idea which one I should get. Is there a tactical advantage to one over the other? Does one print less? Are they for certain types of pockets, or is one more comfortable than the other? Anyone with a Mika or other type of pocket holster, please chime in.

The reason I was looking at Mika is because the quality seems good, and the price is hard to beat.
My 642 is in my Bob Mika in my front pocket as we speak. I got a round cut because most of my pants have that shaped pocket sleeve, but it works ok in square cut. I have never had my gun fail to draw clean from my Mika holster and I recommend it highly. Especially given how little he charges for them!
Old December 24, 2007, 12:55 AM   #6
inkie

mika pocket holster

I have the round bottom, fits all my pants pockets no matter what I wear, also inner jacket pockets. From what I remember the square was made for certain dungerees ask mika he will tell you. No matter what you get it will never fail you.