The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old October 3, 2015, 07:25 PM   #51
Steelhitter

Kinda fun to see some of the differences in lists 5 years later.

Here's mine, at least until a different bug bites me:

Colt GCNM (Blue)
Colt GCNM Trophy (Hi-polish stainless)
Colt Wiley Clapp Commander
Sig Traditional Match Elite Target Stainless
Sig P220 Elite
Henry Big Boy Carbine .357mag
Ruger AR 556
Springfield XD(M)5.25″ Competition Series 9mm
Springfield XDs 4.0 FDE 9mm
Taurus Millenium G2 (cause I hear it's something good disguised as a Taurus)
Old October 4, 2015, 11:40 PM   #52
Unlicensed Dremel

Finally got most of them I want.

Wouldn't mind these though.

--Christensen middy 16" ultralight AR15 in 6.8 spc
--RIA 5" 2011 with 2 bbls - 9x19mm and .22 TCM
--"my" custom dream pseudo-scout turnbolt build in .260 rem
--Dan Wesson Guardian C-Bob in 9x19
--CZ 550 Safari Magnum in .416 Rigby or .416 Rem mag
--10.5" AR15 suppressed SBR dedicated to .22lr with Slidefire stock and a Trijicon RMR-DI (my "full auto .22")
--Tanfoglio Witness 6" Hunter .45, dedicated to .45 Super.
--16" Rossi / LSI Puma 92 in .454 Casull, stainless steel
--CZ 550 FS in 6.5x55, OR a Winchester 70 Featherweight in 6.5x55
--Marlin 1895 SBL, .45-70
--16" Marlin 1894 in .45 Colt
--extended and threaded barrel for my CZ 85 in 9x19mm

I'm truly surprised I cannot think of more, and even more surprised that I can say with a straight face that I can take or leave all of them, though - Now, OTOH, cans and optics - I have some definite wants there, especially cans.

Probably the only one I definitely want in the next 5 years is the ultra-light AR15 16" middy in 6.8 spc or 6.5 grendel, preferably Christensen. I go back and forth - for a few months, I really want it in Grendel. Then I hear about feed problems with Grendels, so I go back and forth. If I can never decide which, I'll just never get it I suppose.

Last edited by Unlicensed Dremel; October 5, 2015 at 10:36 AM.
Old October 7, 2015, 07:17 PM   #53
stirnerstuff

Savage Axis
Chambered in .243 Winchester and with a left-handed bolt. I just bought one yesterday, but I'm in CA, so there's the 10 day waiting period. So I guess it's technically still on the wishlist.

M1 Carbine
I'll probably settle for one of the newly manufactured reproductions rather than try to get a hold of an original. I like the aesthetics of the weapon, and it would definitely be useful.

Taurus PT111
A concealed carry weapon for my partner. She wants something compact and in 9mm, and it's hard to beat the price of this weapon. After some research, it seems that they're pretty reliable, and the 12+1 capacity is nice for a compact pistol.

Henry Lever-Action .45-70
I own a Henry H001 and I love it. I'd like to get a lever-action weapon in a larger caliber, and the .45-70 is a powerful round.

Tokarev Pistol
The country of manufacture doesn't really matter to me, but the Romanian ones seem to be the least costly of those available currently. I own a P-64 and I'd like to own a larger caliber ComBloc handgun.

Nagant M1895
A cool old revolver. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find any for sale at a reasonable price.

AR-15
Although I already own a combat-effective rifle (AK-type), I'd like to give the AR platform another shot, after being fully disillusioned with the M16/M4 series during my service in the US Army. CA restrictions would make it difficult to acquire anything approaching something I am familiar with, though.

Springfield M1903
I own an M1891/30, and my partner has an SMLE and a Mauser, so the M1903 would be a welcome addition to our old milsurp boltgun collection.

Remington 700
A nice long distance rifle, I'd probably want one chambered in .308. Good ballistics and lower recoil than a .30-06 or other larger battle rifle cartridges.

240B MMG
A guy can dream.