The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 1, 2010, 06:46 PM   #1
Suwannee Tim

Best hardware store in the world

They don't carry a lot of gun stuff but the variety is unbelievable. Their prices are a bit on the high side, you won't buy nails from them but if you need a metric alloy steel button head cap screw they will have it. They have no minimum. They usually ship same day. They have five locations around the country so shipping and delivery times are reasonable. They are good peeps.

McMaster Carr Supply Company
Old January 1, 2010, 09:12 PM   #2
johnwilliamson062

What firearms item do they carry?
Do you work for them?
Old January 1, 2010, 09:31 PM   #3
Slopemeno

I've used them for lots of projects- Sheets of G-10, hardened drill rod, nylon fasteners. Great variety in one place.
Old January 1, 2010, 09:40 PM   #4
saands

M-C is not a firearms store at all ... they do, however, sell all the materials and tools that anyone would need to make pretty much whatever firearm their heart desired ... just add knowledge and talent ... and a bit of patience

Saands

ps ... I don't work for them, but I do get a shipment from them about 2-3x per week.
Old January 1, 2010, 10:11 PM   #5
cwb

they have a lot of stuff
Old January 1, 2010, 10:48 PM   #6
5whiskey

Actually, I know it's probably supposed to be firearms related, but I thank you for that post. I have an odd mind... an inventors mind. I'm by no means a genious, but I often think of how I can build something before I buy it. Like the aperature sight on my mauser. I thought of buying it, but I said "hey, that's not that complex. I bet I could build it and save money". Mind you, I have at least as many failures as successes, but I still like to do it. This place will come in handy, as I'm always looking for odd parts that are hard to find. Thanks.
Old January 1, 2010, 10:51 PM   #7
madmag

Connection??

Way back when I actually worked for a living we used MC for a large part of our ordering business in the tooling/machine industry. But I see no direct connection to firearms??

OK, you can order the raw materials to repair or make firearms, but you can do that from a lot of other hardware sources.
Old January 1, 2010, 10:51 PM   #8
Sodbuster

Odd post. To keep this hardware related: perhaps I prefer Highland Hardware in Atlanta. But, they don't have gun stuff either.
Remember, many times what we view as a curse in the present turns out to be a blessing in the future. Don't worry about it a lot. Things have a way of working out. Trust me on this one. - - Uncle Bill Martino
Old January 2, 2010, 11:54 AM   #9
Pahoo

Quote:
Way back when I actually worked for a living we used MC for a large part of our ordering business in the tooling/machine industry. But I see no direct connection to firearms??
Back in a previous life, I too used MC as a source for many items and there are items that would be firearms related to Gun Smithing. For example, drill bits, Taps&dies, punches, brass headed mauls, fine threaded fasteners, wool felt sheets for making bore buttons, plastics and metals in all configurations.
I could list more but once you go in there and search, you may find "stuff" that you have no place else to go for.

Be Safe !!!
Old January 2, 2010, 12:39 PM   #10
Slopemeno

Another source for stuff like this is "Small Parts, Inc".
Old January 4, 2010, 10:08 PM   #11
bangbang777

I agree. Small parts inc is a good source