The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old October 23, 2006, 09:22 PM   #1
GrandmasterB

Ripped off by Ready Tactical www.pistolpacking.com

Just letting everyone know -- bought a holster online from Ready Tactical www.pistolpacking.com on July 6. Sent funds immediately via Paypal.

Was told via email in August that the holster shipped. Called the shop one week later and was told that it was going to ship. Called many times and got no answer. Finally got through after another week and was told the holster was shipped and was given a delivery confirmation number. After several days, holster did not show up. Checked confirmation number on USPS site and it was not a valid number. Spent another two weeks trying to get through on the phone. Told Chris (the guy who answered) that the confirm # didn't work and I was tired of this and just wanted my holster. He said he would take care of it. That was early Sept. It is now late Oct. and I have called a dozen times and sent numerous emails and can't get a reply.

I paid in July and no holster, no return emails and no return calls. There is no answering machine so I can't leave a message and no one answers the phone when I call.

BEWARE of www.pistolpacking.com
Old October 27, 2006, 03:01 PM   #2
Voyager AL

blame Caller ID. See if your local phone company has a *67 option. That deletes your number. They may pick up the phone then....
Old October 27, 2006, 03:23 PM   #3
UniversalFrost

you can also try to get you money back through paypal. Just file a complaint.

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (when all else fails play dead) -Red Green

Old October 27, 2006, 05:23 PM   #4
Tim Burke

PayPal has a 30 day window to challenge a charge. Credit cards offer you more protection.
Old October 28, 2006, 12:59 AM   #5
TheBoondockSaint

Ready Tactical

I've purchased multiple holsters from Ready Tactical... I have never had anything but 110% customer service. Chris is definitely the guy to speak to. In all my dealings with him, he has bent over backwards to guarantee customer satisfaction. His reputation in the IDPA circles I am familiar with is rock solid. I would strongly suggest contacting Chris again. I was going to call him in the next few days to order two more holsters, I will mention this thread to him.
I sincerely hope you are able to work this problem out to your satisfaction.

T
Old October 29, 2006, 05:28 PM   #6
solvability

I know Chris and he is a stand up guy - he competes regularly and may have had an overload - call him again - I know he will make this right.
Old October 30, 2006, 09:00 AM   #7
Boarhunter

Based upon what I know of the company and Chris, your unhappy experience has got to be an anomaly.... I have purchased at least five of his holsters and eight or 10 of his magazine carriers over the last couple of years and have been extremely pleased with both the product and the service. I have no explanation why your experience would be so out-of-line with what I have seen myself.

Boarhunter
Old November 13, 2006, 07:26 PM   #8
RevolverJeff

Did You Ever Get the Holster from Ready Tactical

Just wondering if you ever received the holster. I ordered a holster and speed loader holders 2 weeks ago from Ready Tactical www.pistolpacking.com, I've called, emailed (2 different addresses) with no response. The phone calls are answered with an annoying "Answer Off" response, a beep and it hangs up.

In desperation, I tried emailing the webmaster listed for the site... It cam back as domain unknown.

Then I found this post. That'll teach me to research more before I purchase!
Old November 14, 2006, 09:11 PM   #9
TheBoondockSaint

I have ordered six holsters from Ready Tactical since this summer, four in the last month alone. I can speak to both the quality of the products and the character of the owner. I recently spoke to Chris about the delays listed on this board and on THR, he told me that they had been beyond capacity since beginning the ready tactical kydex holster line. That they are working overtime to keep up with demand. There is at times a short wait, but you will be pleasantly surprised when you see the quality of the product you have purchased.

T
Old November 14, 2006, 09:37 PM   #10
RevoRick

Why don't they just tell folks that instead of avoiding converation. I will have to say whether they have a good product or not their customer service sounds very poor. I would never place an order with them based on what I have read here.
DW 10mm CBOB, 10mm Experimental, .45 Pointman GD, .45 Patriot CCO. DW 744 VH .44 6", 715 VH .357 4". Fusion 10mm Longslide XM-10 Tactical Hunter. Glock 19c, Browning Buckmark, S&W 686 .357 4", 629 .44mag 8 3/8". Uberti Cattleman .45LC.
http://www.1911auto.org/forum/index.php?referrerid=24
Old November 15, 2006, 10:38 PM   #11
RevolverJeff

Sounds Like There is Hope

Well based on TheBoondockSaint's post, I'm going to try and be patient a while longer. When (if) my order shows up, I'll post a follow up along with my impressions of the holster and speed loader holders.

Jeff
Old November 18, 2006, 05:37 PM   #12
DeltaWhiskey

Let me chime in on this. I ordered my holster from Chris off the website. About ten days had gone by and no holster, so I called him about 7:00 AM Central time. Told him that I was a repeat customer and was checking on my order. He told me that there was a six week wait at that point because of orders already in progress. I told him that was okay, but I was a little disappointed because I had ordered the holster in anticipation of an upcoming match. He told me he would put a rush on my order.

Three days later I find a voicemail from Chris on my cell telling me that he had finished my holster and overnighted it to me at no cost to me. The next day the box is on my porch waiting for me.

I'm sorry that others have had problems, I think Chris is a one man operation and is having problems keeping up. But he sent me a holster that I am very proud of and don't mind telling people where I got it from. I'm not in the market for any gear right now, but when I get ready for some more I'm gonna call Chris at Ready Tactical back.
Old December 7, 2006, 10:51 PM   #13
Daniel BOON

if you think 6 wks is long

try getting a holster from Milt Sparks.....
Old December 9, 2006, 05:36 PM   #14
et45

With Milt Sparks holsters you get what you pay for and it is worth the wait.
Old December 14, 2006, 11:19 AM   #15
GrandmasterB

Don't know if they got wind of this post, or if it was my snail mail letter to them or my complaint with the local Better Business Bureau, but my holster did finally arrive. (although no one contacted me to address my concerns, it just showed up.)

It is very well made and exactly what I was looking for. I wish it had been a bit easier to get though.
Old December 14, 2006, 09:38 PM   #16
RevolverJeff

GrandMasterB,

Did you just get the holster now??

From July to December is a loooong lead time. I've tried email and phone with no response. I can understand that they may be behind in orders, that happens, but common courtesy says they should at least acknowledge emails or answer the phone. A one line email that says they are nn weeks behind would be reassuring.
Old December 18, 2006, 06:49 PM   #17
deputyben94

Try Sidearmor. Very good holsters and good service.
Old December 10, 2007, 03:58 PM   #18
scorpiusdeus

I hate to revive and old thread, but I was wondering if anyone had gotten a favorable resolution to this issue.

I too was scammed by this guy. It's sad as I'd ordered from him before and he shipped a great product. Now I'm out over $200.00 and still no word. It's been almost a year, but I was wondering if anyone had current info?
Old December 10, 2007, 08:25 PM   #19
Conservadude

A lot of small companies are like that ...nice guy/gal running the place, but can't figure out how to transition into a real operation. Poor record keeping, not taking time out to plan how to develop the business, etcetera. Sometimes stuff falls through the cracks ...from past experience with other homeboy shops, I think the only solution is "the squeaky wheel gets the oil" ...keep hammering them with letters, calls, and emails. Tell them your personal time limit, then file with the BBB when they hit it. Tell them when you're going to file a lawsuit against them in small claims court ...in YOUR state, not theirs. Put a schedule on it, communicate it, then follow it. Overworked nice guys need to learn too and some of them are a bit slow at it... They'll either catch on and figure it out, go out of business, or pay highly for their lack of aptitude while they slowly bleed to death. They get to chew what they bite off, just like anybody else.

Brian
Old December 12, 2007, 10:37 AM   #20
jmorris

Maybe all that vouched for him, reassuring other potential customers, will get a pool going and get you some of your money back. Yeah, I wouldn’t hold my breath either, try comp-tac.com they have a good reputation and have been around a while.
Old December 12, 2007, 10:51 AM   #21
JBriggs

If you used a credit card, call your card company and let them know what happened. They will most likely refund your money upon you making an official complaint and then will backcharge ready tactical.
Old December 12, 2007, 05:20 PM   #22
scorpiusdeus

Unfortunately I used Paypal per his request and his lead times are so long it's well past their dispute time frame. It was debited from my bank account so I'm out the money.

I called every day three times a day for a month once I figured I'd been swindled. The phone just rings.

Oh Well, I just hope everyone here who vouched for him tells him he's a low down skunk, not worthy of being called a man.

I have since purchased four rigs from Comp-Tac. They are good folks and have great customer service.
Old January 13, 2008, 01:35 AM   #23
kdmoore

might as well bump this up again

I don't have any contact info on this guy.

Bought a couple of holsters, and speedloader holders. Took half year to get them (and some constant badgering). He threw in a holster for my hi power because it took so long. But when the stuff got here, he shorted me several speedloader holders.

I called him once a month or so for 6 months. Last contact I had they were in the mail, and he'd thrown in some single stack holders to "make it right".

On the phone, and given the "freebie" I think he's a nice guy, I got more than my money's worth ... except I NEVER got the speedloader holders that I had originally ordered.

I don't have a street address or phone number, for all I know he went bankrupt, got sick, or ???

But he's never made good on his word.
Old January 19, 2008, 12:08 PM   #24
NCHornet

Scorp,
You give up way easier than me. I would send a certified letter, call local BB, be a major pain in the but, post the truth about him in every gun forum you can and provide links to those posts in every correspondance you have with this idiot. Being a small business owner is no excuse. I too am a small business owner and I treat my customers the way I would want to be treated!!
Good Luck
NCH
Old May 2, 2008, 10:15 AM   #25
Mayonaise

His design is flawed. I've broken two mag carriers. Back when his website was up I emailed him many times and not response. One of my friends was a dealer for him and sent his own holster back to be fixed and never heard from the guy again. I think he sells exclusively through SKD tactical now. I may try to get satisfaction from them.
Kydex is a great plastic but it doesn't handle repeated bending which is required using these mag carriers.

Stay away from this stuff.