The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old November 26, 2012, 06:15 PM   #1
upstate81

which scope?

i just purchased a M700 CDL 243 and am planning on doing coyote hunting at night. I wear glasses and would like a scope i can use without having to take them off. I have looked through some zeiss scopes and i can see through the upper end ones great. High magnification is also a plus. In a nut shell im looking for a scope that picks up the most light and i can keep my glasses on and shoot at varying ranges accuratley.
Old November 26, 2012, 08:07 PM   #2
Creeper

Based on the wording of your post, I just thought I'd point something out...

When you look through a rifle scope while wearing glasses you tend to look through the upper and sometimes inner corner of the lens... and, depending on the rifles LOP and your body position, with the glasses lens at a relative angle to the scopes focal centerline as well.

If you're looking through scopes that are not mounted to a rifle, you tend to look through the corrective lens element.. and head on. You also may be looking through a scope without regard to a mounted scopes eye relief.

Most scopes have diopter adjustments. The range will vary from maker to maker and from a specific scope type to another. Some have only a +1/-1 range, while others have a +3/-3 range... and variation anywhere between.

If you've taken all this into consideration already, I apologize for stating the obvious. If not... then you have these variables to consider.

C
Old November 26, 2012, 08:59 PM   #3
trg42wraglefragle

Need to know how much you can spend, know use us recommending $1000+ scopes when you only want to spend $300.