The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old August 2, 2007, 07:00 AM   #1
gandog56

Another buyout

Quote:
MILES CITY, MONTANA - Western Powders, Inc. announces the asset purchase of Accurate Arms Company, Inc.

We're pleased to announce that effective September 3, 2004, Western Powders, Inc. has acquired the Accurate brand (www.accuratepowder.com) of reloading powders. "Accurate Arms has a long history of providing the shooting sports public with quality reloading powders and we look forward to continuing that tradition," said Doug Phair, President of Western Powders, Inc. "Accurate has a strong offering of spherical and extruded powders covering the full range of shooting disciplines. The Accurate line is a complimentary fit with our Ramshot brand of products and I want to assure the shooting public that we have no plans to consolidate or eliminate any offerings in the Accurate line. Our focus over the next several months will be on providing the reloading community with updated data and improving the performance criteria of Accurate products."
Let's see, Western owns Goex, Ramshot, and Accurate.
Hodgden owns Hodgden, IMR, and Winchester Powder

Who's next up fot bids?
Old August 2, 2007, 07:15 AM   #2
k8do

It is simple algebraic equations:

Anti gun laws + higher prices + fewer gun ranges + public hostility towards shooting / hunting = dropping civilian powder sales...

Slow sales + small companies losing money = consolidation...

Fact of life = nothing you can do about it...

denny
Old August 2, 2007, 09:25 PM   #3
rn22723

This is OLD NEWS! Three years old! :barf: Nothing new here. You were told that on another forumHeck you have Western Powders buying Alliant.....Get the facts in line!