The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old March 26, 2014, 07:33 PM   #26
4 Paws

Quote:
Looked at a LCRx yesterday with the exposed hammer. It's more like a half sized hammer. Now, I'm thinking about getting one of these.... darn you Ruger for producing things that I want....
Sounds like some evil marketing scheme to me
Old March 27, 2014, 06:12 AM   #27
hsr2d2

Have the LCRx

Got the LCRx for my Birthday a few weeks back, finally got to shoot it last weekend...very impressive, even at 25 yards. Is a snubby supposed to be this accurate?

Trigger is very smooth, about 6 lbs in SA and about 10 lbs in DA.

Hammer is quite small, no issue carrying concealed.

Grip very comfortable, recoil very manageable.

Awesome product!

Hans
Old March 27, 2014, 07:02 AM   #28
Qtiphky

Why did I buy it?

Someone questioned why you would buy this handgun. The answer for me was availability. My LGS hasn't had any SW J frames in stock and haven't been able to track any down in two years. I wanted a snubbie because, well, I just wanted one. Did the research and went with the LCR 357. Very comfortable, lightweight and although I haven't put enough rounds through it to comment on reliability, the accuracy is very impressive. I shot full house loads, hand loads and some 38+P loads and the recoil is pretty stout.
Old March 29, 2014, 01:42 PM   #29
8rounds

Awhile back I took the wife home defense revolver shopping.

(Forgive my brag), she's a Master Class NRA Action Pistol shooter and uses a all tricked out Smith 686 at the matches.

She knows her way around revolvers.

She chose a Ruger LCR .38 because of it's trigger.
Old March 29, 2014, 01:56 PM   #30
4 Paws

Quote:
She chose a Ruger LCR .38 because of it's trigger
My thoughts exactly.
Old March 29, 2014, 02:04 PM   #31
guruatbol

I got my wife one for Christmas and she loves it. We went shooting last night for date night and she put about 70 rounds through it. She says the recoil is harder than my BFR 45-70 but still loves it.

When we got home I pulled gun cleaning duty and I have to say that thing cleans up very easy. My Redhawk and Super Black hawk were much more difficult to clean.

Mel
Old March 29, 2014, 05:09 PM   #32
weldonjr2001

I sometimes find myself carrying two LCRs. A .357 wth the Tamer grip in a small Tommy's gunpack, loaded with Remington 125 grain SJHP magnum loads, and a .38 model with the boot grip in the left (weakside for me) front pants pocket loaded with Speer 125 grain +P Gold Dot loads.

The gunpack carries two speed strips with 10 extra magnum rounds, and I have a small cell phone case clipped to my right front pocket carrying two speed strips with 10 extra .38 +P rounds.

I'd probably be smarter carrying all .38 +P reloads in the speed strips so that all reloads would fit either revolver, but sometimes I'm carrying the .357 alone, with something else in the pocket instead of the .38 LCR.

I've had models 36, 640, 940 (still have that one), and 642 S&Ws. I just like the trigger pull, and never-out-of-time reliability of the Rugers more.

Plus they really nailed the accuracy of the composite barrel/frame relative to the sights on the LCRs, at least at the 7-10 yard range I generally practice at.

The S&Ws are very attractive, but the LCRs "businesslike" appearance really grew on me, especially as they're so good at what they do.