The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old July 8, 2001, 11:50 PM   #1
Gary H

Universal Clays for .40, 12ga. & 20ga.

I just put together a reloading bench and have been collecting equipment. Have been looking for one powder in an effort to keep things simple. My rather small wife would appreciate it if I loaded everything light for reduced recoil. Previous threads report that Universal is clean and has a reasonable amount of flash. I asked Dixie Spolar for some advice regarding a light load for my wife. She is fresh from winning her state championship after running 100 twice and markets the Spolar reloader. She also takes an active interest in helping women enter the shooting sports. Dixie suggested Universal and a 7/8 oz 12ga. load for a reduced recoil load for my wife. I can also use Universal in a 7/8 oz 20ga. load. This would certainly keep me from confusing powders.

Have any of you used this powder for any of these loads?

Any problems with this approach?

Last edited by Gary H; July 9, 2001 at 02:46 AM.