The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old September 14, 2015, 08:27 PM   #1
garryc

Alien Gear 3.0

I just got an e-mail saying my Alien Gear 3.0 holster for my Glock 26 has been shipped. That is the type of holster I like, but I have been buying from Homestead holsters.

It took three weeks, them saying it is hand fitted ( or something like that).

All I can say is it better be worth the wait.
Old September 14, 2015, 08:48 PM   #2
jglsprings

Okay

Commas save lives...
Old September 14, 2015, 09:30 PM   #3
Slimjim9

Report back when you find out.
Old September 16, 2015, 07:31 AM   #4
Amegatek

I have the Alien Gear 2.0 for my Ruger SR1911LW CMD. Very comfortable and conceals nicely. I also have the 1.0 version for my Glock 19 and the OWB model for my Ruger. I like them all.
Springfield Armory XDE (9mm & .45 ACP)
Old September 16, 2015, 10:35 AM   #5
lee n. field

Quote:
them saying it is hand fitted ( or something like that).
Eh? not really. The shell is molded to the particular gun, yes.

Yep, do tell us.

I have 3, two with leather, on of the AG 2 with the neoprene. The neoprene one I don't like so much, probably because it's for a snubby revolver, and doesn't work as well. For me. IMHO&YMMV.

BTW, FWIW, I've cut myself on the metal clip.
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "
Old September 16, 2015, 11:38 AM   #6
BigMikey76

I really like my Alien Gear holsters. I have the 2.0 with the neoprene backing and the OWB with leather. They both work great, and I love that I can switch the kydex shells out so both of the holsters can work with both of my carry guns.
Old September 16, 2015, 12:36 PM   #7
Cheapshooter

I have several Theis Hybrid holsters for various CCW guns. All have worked perfectly, fit tye gun perfectly, and haolsve been delivered within a couple weeks.
My son has an Alien Gear which he likes a lotk. I think it is probably a good holster, but at this point I have no reason to change.
Cheapshooter's rules of gun ownership #1: NEVER SELL OR TRADE ANYTHING!
Old September 17, 2015, 01:11 AM   #8
Tony C

Cloak Tuck 3.0

For what it is worth, I have been using my Cloak Tuck 3.0 for about 60 days now, maybe a little more.

I have used the Galco King Tuck line of holsters for a couple of years and have been happy with them. When I made a new purchase for daily carry (XDs 9mm) and needed a new holster, I decided to give one of these a try.

It also took me about four or five weeks from ordering it to receive the holster. When I received it, I was VERY skeptical about several things; the comfort of the neoprene against my skin (would it be too hot?), the quality of the build, especially in respect to how the neoprene was secured to the leather backing, the plastic belt hooks, and the formed kydex holding my pistol secure.

Now after wearing it every day I am very happy with my purchase and would recommend these to anyone looking for an IWB holster. It is extremely comfortable to wear and has been from Day One. I had liked the way the leather back of my King Tuck formed to me, but the Cloak Tuck 3.0 and the neoprene is a lot more comfortable, especially in the heat.

There are lots of extras with the holster to change how tight or how loose the shell holds the firearm. These are very versatile.

It would be fair to call me a "shill" for Alien Gear now. I wouldn't think twice about which company to buy an IWB holster from when I need one next. Give this a fair try, and I hope you are as happy with yours as I am with mine.

Regards,
Tony C.
Oregon
Old September 26, 2015, 09:15 PM   #9
garryc

I wore it today, gun at 3 O'clock mag at 8. Hardly knew I had it on. Really like it.
Old October 29, 2015, 09:18 PM   #10
Ole Joe Clark

I have one (IWB tuck 3) that I like. It was hard to get into the right position when I first got it. The first time I wore it I had it at about 5 o'clock and it was a royal pain. I almost returned it, but decided to wait and wear it again. After wearing it now for about 2 weeks and determining that my problem was operator error, I'm keeping it. It's is fairly comfortable and does the job as advertised. I recommend it if you are looking for an IWB holster that works well.
Old July 12, 2016, 09:38 AM   #11
Nano65

I ordered an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0 on July 4th for my XDs45 w/Crimson Trace. Got the shipping conformation today, 1 week later. Seems they are moving faster through production to shipment. I'll let you know how it works out.
LCP
Old July 12, 2016, 02:43 PM   #12
tobnpr

When I don't pocket carry with the BORAII, my Kahr is in the Cloak Tuck 2.0.
Nothing about it I don't like. Here in FL, I'll take the neoprene, over leather every time. Leather, and sweat eventually turn into a really nasty soup.
www.biggorillagunworks.com
Old July 12, 2016, 04:12 PM   #13
Nano65

I really did like my BORAII for pocket carry but when I installed a Crimson Trace the BORAII went into the drawer with the other orphan holsters. I like the Crimson Trace pocket holster better than the Remora. I am really anxious to get the Tuck 3.0 and start using it. Do you usually use a cover shirt or tuck your shirt in? I don't often open carry in Texas although it is legal.

LCP
Old July 13, 2016, 05:55 AM   #14
tuleyz

Alien gear 3.0 is excellent for the price...feels great with a Glock 43 and a Glock 19.