The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old February 3, 2000, 12:08 AM   #1
doc jb

I am wanting to buy an M4gery semi built from an early pre 89 ar15 A2 govt. lower (50rds.) and a pre M4 upper (new) with detachable carry handle. This gun is all colt. The gun was sent to FJ Vollmer and cryro'd and had some kind of molyb(?) finish superplating to make the color of the upper and lower match. It gave it a glossy black look.

What do you guys/gals think [price, finish, components, has anyone seen work done FJ Vollmer and/or a molyb(?) finish ]?

I know that it is hard to evaluate without a pic. Any info. would be appreciated!

Thanks,
doc jb (newbie)

[This message has been edited by doc jb (edited February 03, 2000).]
Old February 7, 2000, 08:21 AM   #2
KurtsKustomFirearms

I am currenty offering an M4/KKF package over at AR15.com (yes, those are pics of my work). It entails dismounting the barrel, turning the M4 profile, the permanent addition of my new KKF A2 Tac Brake or others, Parkerizing of all steel components, and remounting the barrel back into the upper receiver.

------------------
Kurt V. Wala
Kurt's Kustom Firearms
www.kurtkustom.qpg.com/