The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old April 9, 2001, 06:02 PM   #1
AR-10

After FOUR MONTHS of looking at snow or mud I finally got into the outdoor range yesterday. It felt like that first breath you draw after holding your breath for five minutes.

I packed up a couple of .357 revolvers and some ammo and did a drive-by in hopes that the snow was receded to the point that I could get in. Spring had sprung! I spent an hour plinking, and getting to know one of the revolvers which I have not been able to shoot until yesterday.

Had so much fun I went home, grabbed the AR-10 and a couple of .45 semi-autos and went back for another two hours. Life is good again.

Oh,Thanks for getting the board back up,guys. There isn't another board as complete,as educational, or as civil as this one. It's a peach.
Old April 10, 2001, 12:59 AM   #2
Q-Man

I know what you mean. I went to the range 4 times in one week durring Spring Break. I didn't get a chance to go durring the school term.
Old April 10, 2001, 02:11 PM   #3
sgoeing

I can't wait for school to get out. I haven't been able to make it to the range in a while.
Michael Goeing
Old April 10, 2001, 02:57 PM   #4
Monkeyleg

This is why I like to shoot outdoors in the winter: nobody wants to go. In the summer the range is crowded, there's a ceasefire every five minutes, and I don't know a lot of the people on the line--or how competent they are safety-wise. The warm weather _is_ easier on the trigger finger, though.

Dick
Old April 10, 2001, 07:55 PM   #5
Rich Lucibella
Staff

Moved from General to Lock and Load Forum.
Rich