The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 21, 2012, 11:31 AM   #1
1hogfan83

Flashlight advice

I need help deciding on a light. I have a stream light V2 but it took a dump on me, even with new batteries its a no go. Im looking for something for $50 dollars or under, preferably with a holster. Compact too. Thanks for any help.
You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe—and shudder. James 2:19
"I do not fear the man that practices ten thousand kicks one time, I fear the man that practices one kick ten thousand times." Bruce Lee
Old December 21, 2012, 01:37 PM   #2
Polinese

I think its around 75 but I have a 5.11 light that I absolutely love. It's as bright but lasts a lot longer than most of my buddies surefires. Made it through monsoon season in southern arizona working outisde most of the time and is still going strong. Might be worth a look if you can spend a little more. I also have a little one cell streamlight as my backup that has worked well so far. I forget which model it was.
Old December 21, 2012, 01:51 PM   #3
SerenityNetworks

You might want to check out meritline.com. They have all sorts of inexpensive and bright CREE lights. I have purchased two and both have worked flawlessly. One is the same lumen rating as a brand name I have, except it is slightly smaller and cost $19 instead of $90.

NRA Life Member
------------------------
"There are some ideas so preposterous that only an intellectual will believe them." - Malcolm Muggeridge
Old December 22, 2012, 02:06 AM   #4
NacsMXer

Streamlight Protac 2L...it's an excellent and very popular flashlight for EDC.

Cree XR-E LED, 180 lumen high, 10 lumen low, and strobe modes. It pierces the darkness and projects like nobody's business. You don't even feel it with it clipped inside your pocket. It's a great compromise between lumen output and size. You can get them on Amazon.com for around $45 with free shipping.

Old December 22, 2012, 06:22 PM   #5
Ben Towe

I just bought a NEBO light to mount on a Picatinny rail and it seems like a good one. I had a Streamlight that crapped out as well. The NEBO is cheaper and it can't be any sorrier.
Old December 23, 2012, 04:29 AM   #6
sholling

I'm a big fan of Fenix flashlights and have their LD20 AA powered flashlights in almost every room and trade off between their CR123 powered PD20 and PD32 for my EDC depending on how much fighlight I feel like carrying. All of three run about $50. I have their larger products in my car (TK35) and bug out bag (TK11) but those don't fit the budget.

Last edited by sholling; December 23, 2012 at 04:52 AM.